Bamyan, Afghanistan, 20 April 2013 – The Foundation Laying Ceremony marking the start of construction of the new Bamyan Provincial Hospital (BPH) was held on 18 April 2013 in Bamyan. The new building, which is a project of the Aga Khan Health Services supported by Canada, is expected to be completed by March 2015. The BPH will offer an additional 86 beds for pediatric, obstetric and gynecologic care in a region where women’s access to healthcare has been severely limited. The new BPH will be constructed by the Aga Khan Planning and Building Services on 6.4 acres of land allocated by the Bamyan Municipality at the Mullah Ghulam site. It will be managed by Aga Khan Health Service of Afghanistan (AKHS, A).
- Construction Begins on Canadian-funded Hospital in Afghanistan
- AKFC: The first stone in a strong foundation for maternal, newborn and child health in Afghanistan
- Canada lends a hand to hospital project in Afghanistan – Daily Commercial News
- Foundation stone laying ceremony of a public hospital held in Bamyan
- Related search at Ismailimail