In anticipation of this week’s award ceremony for the Council of Europe’s 2013 North-South Prize conferred on His Highness the Aga Khan, the NanoWisdoms Archive, in conjunction with Azeem Maherali, is pleased to publish an update to its acclaimed, mural-sized timeline of the awards and honours the Aga Khan has garnered since becoming Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslims 57 years ago, in 1957.
In his 2005 Jeune Afrique interview the Aga Khan made, what is perhaps, one of his most significant statements. He said, “the ethics of Islam guide all my activity.” The depth of these few words are the foundation upon which all the awards have been accorded. In essence, the awards represent the world’s enthusiastic endorsement of the ethics and principles of Islam as interpreted and practiced without compromise by the Aga Khan.
Earlier and Related:
1. Aga Khan’s Constellation of Accolades – Over 200 honors from 50 countries
2. France Honours Mawlana Hazar Imam and Prince Amyn, and pays tribute to the Noorani Family
3. Part I – Worldwide Honours For Prince Karim Aga Khan Underline Impact of Ismaili Imamat’s Contribution to Humanity
4. Part II – Worldwide Honours For Prince Karim Aga Khan Underline Impact of Ismaili Imamat’s Contribution to Humanity
5. Honorary Degrees Conferred on His Highness the Aga Khan since 1967: A Pictorial Record with Citations, Tributes and Remarks