The Goethe-Institut Kenya, the Jomo Kenyatta Foundation and the Kenya Library Association organized the 5th edition of the Maktaba Awards (Library of the Year Awards) on 19th September 2014 at the Louis Leakey Auditorium of the National Museums of Kenya. Over 70 entries were received and winning libraries were awarded for innovation, application of modern ICT, preservation of indigenous knowledge, promotion of local content and provision of services to the local community.
The overall price (Library of the Year Award) was won by the library of the Aga Khan University Library.
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
- Institute of Ismaili Studies announces merging of its library with the Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations
- University of Central Asia introduces Mobile Digital Library for the people of Naryn Oblast
- Muslim Journeys at Lakewood Public Library – Sufi Music Ensemble with Dr. Karim Gillani
- Public Library inaugurated in Faizabad, Afghanistan – Project implemented by Aga Khan Foundation
- The Library at Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa, Kenya – Instagram
Related Aga Khan Hospital Kenya
- Aga Khan A “modern” hospital in Kisumu, Kenya | Rsponder’s Blog
- BBC News – Asmita Gillani, Aga Khan Hospital Kenya: ‘Over 1,000 people have donated blood’
- What’s the right age to have a baby? – Aga Khan University Hospital, Kenya
- Investigation into the factors affecting the retention of nurses in Aga Khan University hospital Nairobi, Kenya
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan at the Inauguration of the Heart and Cancer Centre at the Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya