Following the highly successful and stimulating HIAA Biennial Symposium held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2012, the executive board of the Historians of Islamic Art Association (HIAA) agreed to hold its next symposium at the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto.
Occurring one month after the Aga Khan Museum’s opening, the Fourth Biennial Symposium will focus on the theme of Forms of Knowledge and Cultures of Learning in Islamic Art. The symposium will open with a keynote address by Lisa Golombek, Curator Emeritus (Islamic Art) at the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto.
EVENT: Historians of Islamic Art Association, Fourth Biennial Symposium, Forms of Knowledge and Cultures of Learning in Islamic Art
DATE: Thursday, October 16th, 2014 to Saturday, October 18th, 2014
October 16: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST
October 17: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
October 18: 9:00 a.m. – 6:40 p.m. EST
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Aga Khan in Toronto showcases Canadian and Islamic Art
- Video: Aga Khan University’s Special Lecture Series – Henry Kim, Director and CEO of the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto
- Toronto’s Aga Khan Museum makes appearance in new Star Trek TV Series and Matt Damon Movie
- Aga Khan Museum home chosen because of Toronto’s tolerance
- Hottest tickets in town: Five things to do in Toronto – Highlights of Islamic Art from the Bruschettini Collection | The Globe and Mail
- Museums need to reinvent themselves to get people’s interest, says Aga Khan Museum director
- Friends of the Aga Khan Museum launched in Dubai | GulfNews.com
- What is Canadian Art?
- Nobel Prize winner novelist Orhan Pamuk to deliver Aga Khan Museum’s 3rd Annual Lecture: The Future of Museums is Inside Our Homes
- Director and CEO of the Aga Khan Museum Toronto to Speak at the Aga Khan University, Karachi
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
More on Upcoming Events:
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto