Following the highly successful and stimulating HIAA Biennial Symposium held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2012, the executive board of the Historians of Islamic Art Association (HIAA) agreed to hold its next symposium at the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto.
Occurring one month after the Aga Khan Museum’s opening, the Fourth Biennial Symposium will focus on the theme of Forms of Knowledge and Cultures of Learning in Islamic Art. The symposium will open with a keynote address by Lisa Golombek, Curator Emeritus (Islamic Art) at the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto.
EVENT: Historians of Islamic Art Association, Fourth Biennial Symposium, Forms of Knowledge and Cultures of Learning in Islamic Art
DATE: Thursday, October 16th, 2014 to Saturday, October 18th, 2014
October 16: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST
October 17: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
October 18: 9:00 a.m. – 6:40 p.m. EST
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Doors Open 2018 at the Aga Khan Museum
- How to plan your visit this summer to the Aga Khan Museum
- Ismaili Centre Toronto: Book Launch & Exhibition Tour with Dr. Shainool Jiwa – The Fatimids: The Rise of a Muslim Empire
- Salim Nensi’s Aga Khan Museum and Park photograph | Toronto.com
- Special Good Friday Event at the Aga Khan Museum
- Egypt’s Fatimid dynasty pieces on display | Shine News China
- BBC – The World of the Fatimids: What did the height of luxury look like in the 10th Century?
- The Aga Khan Park in Toronto includes three distinct stone elements
- Landmark Exhibition Takes You Inside the Exuberant, Diverse World of the Fatimid Dynasty | Smithsonian
- Aga Khan’s Fatimid exhibit unearths a civilization of wonder | The Globe and Mail
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
More on Upcoming Events:
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto