Following the highly successful and stimulating HIAA Biennial Symposium held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2012, the executive board of the Historians of Islamic Art Association (HIAA) agreed to hold its next symposium at the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto.
Occurring one month after the Aga Khan Museum’s opening, the Fourth Biennial Symposium will focus on the theme of Forms of Knowledge and Cultures of Learning in Islamic Art. The symposium will open with a keynote address by Lisa Golombek, Curator Emeritus (Islamic Art) at the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto.
EVENT: Historians of Islamic Art Association, Fourth Biennial Symposium, Forms of Knowledge and Cultures of Learning in Islamic Art
DATE: Thursday, October 16th, 2014 to Saturday, October 18th, 2014
October 16: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST
October 17: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
October 18: 9:00 a.m. – 6:40 p.m. EST
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Aga Khan Museum wins Urban Vitality Award in recognition of its architectural contribution to GTA and its outstanding relationship to Toronto’s multicultural identity
- On Arts Toronto, host Mark Wigmore of JAZZ.FM 91 interviews Henry Kim on Aga Khan Museum’s exhibition, Syria: A Living History
- Ismaili Centre, Toronto inspires YuMee Chung to demonstrate a dramatic version of the classic yoga ‘Pyramid Pose’
- Aga Khan Museum wins 2016 Urban Vitality Award from the Canadian Urban Institute
- Free admission for Syrian refugees to Aga Khan Museum exhibit | Inside Toronto
- Aga Khan Museum offers Syrian newcomers free admission to the acclaimed exhibition Syria: A Living History | Edmonton Journal
- Toronto’s Aga Khan Museum Offers Free Admission to Syrian Newcomers | ARTFORUM
- Aliya Pabani “pix” Aga Khan Musuem | Toronto 24 Hours
- The challenges of protecting Syrian heritage in crisis | NOW Toronto Magazine
- Aga Khan Museum – an inspiring space for light, yoga, moon, fast cars and an exhibit on the living history of Syria
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
More on Upcoming Events:
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto