Learn more about the current work and publications of Aga Khan University’s (AKU) Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations (ISMC) and the King’s Cross initiative, a major development of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in London, UK.
EVENT: Aims, Directions, Programs and Publications of the ISMC at AKU
DATE: Friday, October 17th, 2014
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST
VENUE: Ismaili Centre, Toronto, 49 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Presentation by Dr David Taylor
Dr David Taylor is the Director of the Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations, Dr Taylor holds a PhD in Politics from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. He graduated in History in 1966 from the University of Cambridge and completed his
MA in Area Studies from SOAS.
Dr Taylor was Vice Provost of the Aga Khan University from 2002-2008. Prior to that, he was a faculty member at SOAS, where he became Dean and then Pro-Director with responsibility for teaching. He has been a Visiting Fellow at Panjab University in Chandigarh (India), Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, and the Zentrum Moderner Orient, Berlin. He is currently a Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, University of London.
Related Ismailimail, AKU-ISMC:
- Virtual Fair: Aga Khan University’s Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations
- The KITAB Project
- AKU-ISMC: Insights into Muslim cultures – Uncovering Unique Patterns in Ancient Texts
- Photographs from AKU-ISMC’s “Media in Muslim Contexts – Inventing and Reinventing Identities” Conference
- AKU-ISMC Event London: Kemel Toktomushev’s Book: ‘Kyrgyzstan – Regime Security and Foreign Policy’
- AKU-ISMC Event at the Ismaili Centre London: Medieval Walls of Cairo (November 23, 2016)
- AKU’s Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations: Academics and Digital Media: Tools for Effective Engagement
- Tajik National Identity in the Context of the Shahnama: The Persian Book of Kings | Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations
- Public Lecture by Professor Karim H. Karim: Knowledge, Power and the Clash of Ignorance
- Commissioned by the Aga Khan Development Network, Jellicoe Garden – Kings Cross, London
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
More on Upcoming Events:
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto