Learn more about the current work and publications of Aga Khan University’s (AKU) Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations (ISMC) and the King’s Cross initiative, a major development of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in London, UK.
EVENT: Aims, Directions, Programs and Publications of the ISMC at AKU
DATE: Friday, October 17th, 2014
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST
VENUE: Ismaili Centre, Toronto, 49 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Presentation by Dr David Taylor
Dr David Taylor is the Director of the Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations, Dr Taylor holds a PhD in Politics from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. He graduated in History in 1966 from the University of Cambridge and completed his
MA in Area Studies from SOAS.
Dr Taylor was Vice Provost of the Aga Khan University from 2002-2008. Prior to that, he was a faculty member at SOAS, where he became Dean and then Pro-Director with responsibility for teaching. He has been a Visiting Fellow at Panjab University in Chandigarh (India), Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, and the Zentrum Moderner Orient, Berlin. He is currently a Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, University of London.
Related Ismailimail, AKU-ISMC:
- Prince of Wales and the Aga Khan to inaugurate the centre for education and cultural exchange in London
- Aga Khan Centre, United Kingdom
- Virtual Open Day Online: Interested in studying at AKU’s Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations in London?
- Virtual Open Day at AKU’s Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations
- AKU-ISMC Webinar on Persian Documents from Pre-Mongol Bāmiyān
- AKU-ISMC Webinar on Islamic Banking and Finance
- AKU-ISMC Event: The Study of Islam in an Age of Trump: Notes from the Field
- Professor Roy P. Mottahedeh of Harvard University to present on Medieval Iranian city of Kashan: Crossroads of Commerce and Culture
- In-person and Online Event: The Awakening of Islamic Pop Music
- AKU-ISMC: From ‘Sort of Muslim’ to ‘Proud to be Alevi’: Young British Alevis and Identity
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
More on Upcoming Events:
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto