To mark the Historians of Islamic Art (HIAA), Fourth Biennial Symposium, Archnet highlights the history of Islamic Art & Architecture.
Accelerate your awareness, Discover, Explore and Learn more – click on the images below for collection details
Young Man Carried Off by a Giant Bird, (Lahore, Pakistan); opaque watercolour, gold and ink on paper (Mughal, circa 1590)
The Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture at Harvard University and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology sponsors scholarly works on the history of Islamic art and architecture. Its major publication is Muqarnas: An Annual on the Visual Culture of the Islamic World. Muqarnas is a lively forum of discussion among scholars and students in the West and in the Islamic world. Subjects covered in its pages include the history of Islamic art and architecture up to the present, with attention devoted as well to aspects of Islamic culture, history, and learning. It is widely regarded as the foremost scholarly journal for historians of art and architecture who focus on the Islamic world. Textual primary sources for visual culture are published as Studies and Sources on Islamic Art and Architecture: Supplements to Muqarnas.
Chandelier in front of a window, to the right and left of which are calligraphic medallions with the names of prophets.
Related Ismailimail, ArchNet:
- ArchNet: Drawings of Islamic Monuments
- Archnet named one of the Top 20 Architecture Sites for 2016 by The Global Grid
- ArchNet: Amin Mosque – Turfan, China
- Restored by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture: Mausoleum of Amir ‘Abd al-Rahman. Kabul, Afghanistan
- Archnet turns 13: His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan & Presidents of MIT and Harvard Lay Foundations for an Architecture of Understanding
- Noh Gunbad Mosque in Balkh, Afghanistan
- In support of World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development – Archnet profiles the built environment of Muslim societies
- May 21 – UN’s World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- The Ismaili Centre, Dushanbe | Archnet
- Synergy: ArchNet & International Journal of Architectural Research
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto