To mark the Historians of Islamic Art (HIAA), Fourth Biennial Symposium, Archnet highlights the history of Islamic Art & Architecture.
Accelerate your awareness, Discover, Explore and Learn more – click on the images below for collection details
Young Man Carried Off by a Giant Bird, (Lahore, Pakistan); opaque watercolour, gold and ink on paper (Mughal, circa 1590)
The Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture at Harvard University and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology sponsors scholarly works on the history of Islamic art and architecture. Its major publication is Muqarnas: An Annual on the Visual Culture of the Islamic World. Muqarnas is a lively forum of discussion among scholars and students in the West and in the Islamic world. Subjects covered in its pages include the history of Islamic art and architecture up to the present, with attention devoted as well to aspects of Islamic culture, history, and learning. It is widely regarded as the foremost scholarly journal for historians of art and architecture who focus on the Islamic world. Textual primary sources for visual culture are published as Studies and Sources on Islamic Art and Architecture: Supplements to Muqarnas.
Chandelier in front of a window, to the right and left of which are calligraphic medallions with the names of prophets.
Related Ismailimail, ArchNet:
- A video tour of Archnet’s revised collections page
- Women’s History Month on Archnet
- More than 10,000 records added to the Archnet Online Library in 1 year
- Archnet: The Islamic Heritage of Bangladesh
- New Archnet Exhibition: Red Monastery Church Restoration
- Afghanistan: Hope Takes Root
- Geometric pattern in carved terracotta from the Madrasa al-Mustansiriyya, Baghdad, Iraq
- Aleppo: A Battered City
- Online Collections at Archnet – Aga Khan Museum’s Exhibition: Syria: A Living History
- Archnet Collections: Constructing the Study of Islamic Art
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto