Young people bring energy, capacity and ingenuity to economies and communities. Yet 73 million young people across the globe continue to look for work without many opportunities. Innovative initiatives, such as the Aga Khan Rural Support Programme in Pakistan, as well as community driven initiatives in Canada, are paving a path to increase economic opportunities for young people.
October 20-24, 2014 – This October Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is hosting a discussion between experts and practitioners working to create economic opportunities for youth. The discussion marks AKFC’s 10th University Seminar Series and will be followed by an interactive workshop. The goal is to spur important conversations on how we can create economic opportunities for youth and ensure that the voices of young people across Canada are heard in this critical global debate.
University of Calgary
Monday, October 20, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm | Register Now
University of Toronto
Tuesday, October 21, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm | Register Now
Wednesday, October 22, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm | Register Now
University of Ottawa
Thursday, October 23 | 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm | Register Now
Friday, October 24, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm | Register Now
Can’t be here in person? Join the live webcast from Ottawa on October 23 at 3:00 pm EST. Questions may be submitted during the talk and will be answered as time permits. Register Now
Abdul Malik, General Manager, Aga Khan Rural Support Program in Pakistan
Erin Markel, Principal Consultant, MarketShare Associates
- Download the event poster here
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
All Related to Upcoming Events
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto