Dance soloist, choreographer, composer, producer – the multi-talented Tehreema Mitha will treat audiences to a variety of original programming, including a master class, a film screening and two showcase performances.
Tehreema Mitha is a classically trained Pakistani dance soloist, choreographer, composer and producer. Her dance form, although inspired by the South Asian classical Bharatanatyam tradition, is anything but conventional. Its style ranges from classical to classical-contemporary to contemporary.
To conclude her week long residency at the Aga Khan Museum, Tehreema Mitha will perform the world premiere of A Drop to Spare and offer audiences and scholars a glimpse into her creative world. An event not to be missed!
EVENT: Tehreema Mitha – Showcase Performances and associated events
DATE: Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 to Sunday, October 26th, 2014
October 21: 8:00 p.m. EST – “The Vigil” (award winning documentary on Tehreema Mitha) & panel discussion with scholars on “Women in Dance in Muslim Societies”.
October 22: 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST – Master Class with Tehreema Mitha
October 23: 8:00 p.m. EST – Tehreema Mitha and Guests (The Hive Jam Session)
October 25: 8:00 p.m. EST – Tehreema Mitha – Full Evening Dance Performance
October 26: 2:00 p.m. EST – Tehreema Mitha – Showcase Performance
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All photos courtesy of Aga Khan Museum / Aabvaan Barron
- Artist’s Residency: Tehreema Mitha at the Aga Khan Museum
- Aga Khan Museum – Performing Arts Events
- Tehreema Mitha Dance Company
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Canada is using art to build bridges with Syrian refugees, while the rest of the world builds walls to keep them out – Aga Khan Museum & Institute for Canadian Citizenship serve as models
- YuMee Chung demonstrates the ‘Elbow Room’ yoga stretch at Aga Khan Museum’s Diwan Restaurant
- Aga Khan Museum wins Urban Vitality Award in recognition of its architectural contribution to GTA and its outstanding relationship to Toronto’s multicultural identity
- On Arts Toronto, host Mark Wigmore of JAZZ.FM 91 interviews Henry Kim on Aga Khan Museum’s exhibition, Syria: A Living History
- Ismaili Centre, Toronto inspires YuMee Chung to demonstrate a dramatic version of the classic yoga ‘Pyramid Pose’
- Aga Khan Museum wins 2016 Urban Vitality Award from the Canadian Urban Institute
- Free admission for Syrian refugees to Aga Khan Museum exhibit | Inside Toronto
- Aga Khan Museum offers Syrian newcomers free admission to the acclaimed exhibition Syria: A Living History | Edmonton Journal
- Toronto’s Aga Khan Museum Offers Free Admission to Syrian Newcomers | ARTFORUM
- Aliya Pabani “pix” Aga Khan Musuem | Toronto 24 Hours
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
More on Upcoming Events:
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto