Aliya Karmali was the winner of the ConocoPhillips Youth Of Distinction Awards 2014 in the Sportsmanship category.
She is a great athlete, an encouraging coach and a positive role-model to her fellow athletes. With her dynamic attitude, one can easily make out that she is a conqueror! I had an opportunity to interview this young lady and what unfolded during the interview is truly inspiring!
How did you first get into athletics? What sports?
My mom enrolled me in sports at a very young age. I think she decided that for the purpose of teaching me and my two older brothers how to become self-disciplined and eventually learn how to manage our time better to find a healthy balance between academics and athletics. This skill has carried on with me for many years
Related at Ismailimail:
- Father and daughter race drivers, Aziz and Nabila Tejpar, face off in rally
- Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s Jubilee Insurance sponsor Cricket Tournament between Pakistan & West Indies
- Hoffman gets Raheel Ramzanali with popular ESPN 97.5 Houston host | CultureMap Houston
- Diamond Jubilee Sports Festival Pakistan – National Games
- Alyssa Jamal, Junior Winner with 41 points during Kenya Ports Authority Golf Day at Nyali Golf and Country Club
- Karim Kanji Interviews Sherali Najak, Senior Producer, Hockey Night in Canada
- AKYSB Premier Cup-2017 Gala Event
- Glimpses of Diamond Jubilee Sports Festival – Gilgit-Baltistan
- Aleem Hassanali: En Route to the Raptors
- Aly Jamal and Alyssa Jamal: Father, Daughter Top Winners List
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!