Aliya Karmali was the winner of the ConocoPhillips Youth Of Distinction Awards 2014 in the Sportsmanship category.
She is a great athlete, an encouraging coach and a positive role-model to her fellow athletes. With her dynamic attitude, one can easily make out that she is a conqueror! I had an opportunity to interview this young lady and what unfolded during the interview is truly inspiring!
How did you first get into athletics? What sports?
My mom enrolled me in sports at a very young age. I think she decided that for the purpose of teaching me and my two older brothers how to become self-disciplined and eventually learn how to manage our time better to find a healthy balance between academics and athletics. This skill has carried on with me for many years
Related at Ismailimail:
- Nottingham, UK: Generosity of Ismaili community
- Kainat Imtiaz & Diana Baig Selected to Play in England for Women’s ICC World Cup 2017
- European Sports Festival 2017 (#ESF2017)
- Ismaili communities of East Africa hosting Unity Games
- Aga Khan University: Playing to Save a Life
- Legendary polo player Shah Gul Aziz has passed away
- Paralympics athlete Hanif Mawji gets Silver at the 2017 Boccia championship
- Special Olympics: Pervaz Ahmad from GB wins two silver medals as Pakistan shines in Austria
- Aussie’s celebrate Navroz with Cricket and Biryani
- Ismaili Muslim Sports Media Personalities – Nabil Karim and Faizal Khamisa – discuss discrimination, faith, Twitter and more with Sports Illustrated Magazine of USA
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!