Aliya Karmali was the winner of the ConocoPhillips Youth Of Distinction Awards 2014 in the Sportsmanship category.
She is a great athlete, an encouraging coach and a positive role-model to her fellow athletes. With her dynamic attitude, one can easily make out that she is a conqueror! I had an opportunity to interview this young lady and what unfolded during the interview is truly inspiring!
How did you first get into athletics? What sports?
My mom enrolled me in sports at a very young age. I think she decided that for the purpose of teaching me and my two older brothers how to become self-disciplined and eventually learn how to manage our time better to find a healthy balance between academics and athletics. This skill has carried on with me for many years
Related at Ismailimail:
- Girl Power: US Team claims the world-famous Aga Khan Trophy – Nations Cup in a historic win
- Gulmit Premier League’s Soccer Tournament, Gojal, Gulmit, Hunza
- Aly Nuruddin signs contract with CBC Bearcats Men’s Basketball
- Melbourne Ismailis Win Gold at Sunday Night Indoor Cricket
- Diana Baig: double international, athlete supreme
- Diana Baig: Double game, double delight
- Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board of Pakistan celebrate cricketer Diana Baig and Kainat Imtiaz for their world cup selection
- Kainat Imtiaz: Graduate of Aga Khan Higher Secondary School, Karachi represents Pakistan at the International Cricket Women’s World Cup
- Pakistan boosts golf, ice skating and ice hockey with sport fellowships
- Aga Khan Football Cup Championship 2017
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!