Aliya Karmali was the winner of the ConocoPhillips Youth Of Distinction Awards 2014 in the Sportsmanship category.
She is a great athlete, an encouraging coach and a positive role-model to her fellow athletes. With her dynamic attitude, one can easily make out that she is a conqueror! I had an opportunity to interview this young lady and what unfolded during the interview is truly inspiring!
How did you first get into athletics? What sports?
My mom enrolled me in sports at a very young age. I think she decided that for the purpose of teaching me and my two older brothers how to become self-disciplined and eventually learn how to manage our time better to find a healthy balance between academics and athletics. This skill has carried on with me for many years
Related at Ismailimail:
- Prince Rahim Aga Khan attends the opening of the Second World Nomad Games in Kyrgyzstan
- Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board Ontario’s Premier Cup Cricket Tournament Goes Live
- Fareen Lalani: Vikings basketball player helps Canada get gold in Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Tawfiq Jamal: Richmond league standout helps Canada win at Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Camp Discovery at East York Jamatkhana in Toronto, Canada – Theme: Jubilee Games 2016
- Interview with Zain Manji: Tennis Player, Athlete of the Year – Ontario University Athletics
- DISCOVER Tajikistan: Jubilee Games 2016 Discovery Programme
- Life Size Fanous: Built in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Ali Aamir of Chitral: Winner 100m and 200m at Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- Zain Manji ends university tennis career on a high note
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!