Aliya Karmali was the winner of the ConocoPhillips Youth Of Distinction Awards 2014 in the Sportsmanship category.
She is a great athlete, an encouraging coach and a positive role-model to her fellow athletes. With her dynamic attitude, one can easily make out that she is a conqueror! I had an opportunity to interview this young lady and what unfolded during the interview is truly inspiring!
How did you first get into athletics? What sports?
My mom enrolled me in sports at a very young age. I think she decided that for the purpose of teaching me and my two older brothers how to become self-disciplined and eventually learn how to manage our time better to find a healthy balance between academics and athletics. This skill has carried on with me for many years
Related at Ismailimail:
- Raheel Manji Wins Big Ten Athlete of the Week for Men’s Tennis
- Aga Khan Gold Cup golf tournament tees off in Dhaka
- Zulfia Nazeer: Pakistani female footballers impress Dubai club | Sports – Geo.tv
- Difference Makers: Stratford Hall’s Inaara Merani has always heard the world calling
- Pakistan’s renowned mountaineer, Samina Baig leads first national women winter expedition
- AKYSB Sports Fellowship Coaching Program 2017 in Hunza, with Canadian Hockey Player Omar Kanji
- Shafiq Bhanji | Athlete’s Care
- Alyaan Dharani relives his Jubilee Games 2016 UAE memories
- Alaudin (Alu) Visram: A Lifetime of Sports
- Humera Azam for Pakistan’s Female Cricket Under 16 Team
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!