“You referred to my seventy years Imamat which, indeed is unique in the history of the 48 Ismaili Imams by its long duration, but also it began in another world, the world of horse carriages and candle lights, and today we are in the world of nuclear power, physics, jet air travel and serious discussion among the most learned as to how and when we can visit the stars and the moon.”
– His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III
Platinum Jubilee celebrations, Cairo, Egypt – February 20th, 1955
Ahead of tomorrow’s 137th birth anniversary of our 48th beloved Imam – His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III, Ismailimail is excited to present the first of five readings today, in a series of 10 select articles paying tribute to the memory of our beloved Imam.
We introduce our first one by Noureen Reimoo, who wrote an outstanding article last year highlighting the Imam impact.
“… on the occasion of his birth anniversary, we pay tribute to the memory of this great Muslim leader for relating religion and science in an exceptional way in order to make Muslims a stronger and prosperous community.”
– Noureen Reimoo
By Noureen Reimoo for Ary Blogs – News & TV Published on November 2, 2013
His Highness Aga Khan III states that his Imamat began in another world and ended in a different world. This is indeed a very interesting point and it brings our attention to his outlook about science and its relation to Islam.
Sir Aga Khan was born in Karachi at ‘Honeymoon Lodge’ on 2nd November 1877. From the age of eight, for over seventy years, he played a leading part in public affairs for the Muslim community as well as for the whole Islamic brotherhood.
Aga Khan III, with his vast experience and outstanding personality of international standing, proved to be a responsible and productive mediator between the western world and the leaders of the subcontinent. It was in pursuit of his educational vision that he successfully dedicated himself to the project of transforming the Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College at Aligarh into a leading Asian University.
The Aga Khan had championed the cause of Muslims of the world throughout his life. He was totally dedicated to Islam – in mind, body and soul. As a strong political personality and a religious leader, he stressed on science as an important aspect of human life.
About Noureen Reimoo
Noureen Reimoo is a teacher educator and currently doing her Masters in Education from Notre Dame Institute of Education (NDIE). She likes to do research about science and Islam.
Ismailimail Special Feature:
137th birth anniversary of His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Constellation of Honours of His Highness Aga Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III
- Simerg | Special Photo Essay: A Collection of 48 (Plus One) Images from the Glorious Life of the 48th Ismaili Imam, His Highness Aga Khan III
- Dawn (Pakistan) | Aga Khan and Pakistan
- The Express Tribune (Pakistan) | Sir Aga Khan: The Visionary Leader
- Business Recorder (Pakistan) | Ismaili community marks Sir Aga Khan III’s birth anniversary today
- Constellations | His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III & The League of Nations
- 137 yrs ago, began the resurrection of knowledge! His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Publication: Hazrat Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah – A Bridge Between Two Epochs
- Reflection: Ismaili Gnosis | Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III on My Flag
- Retrospective: Simerg | Readings on Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah & Imam Hussein: Two Ismaili Imams Who Lived 1250 Years Apart
- Retrospective: Noureen Reimoo | Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III: From Horse Carriages to Nuclear Physics – Seventy Years of Glorious Leadership
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
All Related to His Highness Aga Khan III on Ismailimail:
- Conference in Pakistan Celebrates 140th Birth Anniversary of Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III
- Sir Aga Khan III: Remembering a great Muslim leader | Express Tribune
- Aga Khan III remembered on birth anniversary | Pakistan Today
- Rare, Historical 1946 Video, Digitally Transferred: Diamond Jubilee of Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan III
- Aga Khan III – In the Days of My Youth: A Chapter on Biography – 15 August 1902
- Sir Aga Khan’s contribution in Pakistan Movement 1906-1947 – World Tribune Pakistan
- Remembering heroes: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan-III | PakObserver
- (IV) Legacy of Jubilee in Ismaili History
- (III) Legacy of Jubilee in Ismaili History
- (II) Legacy of Jubilee in Ismaili History