Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah (a.s.) was born 137 years ago on November 2, 1877, and during his Imamat of 72 years, the longest in Ismaili history, the world evolved from candle lights and horse carriages to nuclear physics and jet travel. As his successor, Mawlana Hazar Imam, noted, “through 72 years of Imamat, he guided his spiritual children to happiness and prosperity.”
More than 1200 years before him, Imam Hussein (a.s.) took a stand against a corrupt and tyrannical ruler and made the ultimate sacrifice as he stood to defend the values of equality, honour and fundamental rights of his jamat. The Imam’s legacy lives on until today inspiring hundreds of millions of people around the world.
– Malik Merchant, Simerg Publisher-Editor
Our beloved 48th Imam, Hazrat Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah (a.s.) was born in Karachi on November 2, 1877.
He assumed the Imamat at the age of 7 in August 1885, and became the longest serving Imam in Ismaili history.
He passed away on July 11, 1957, at the age of 79, bequeathing the hereditary throne of Imamat to his grandson, Mawlana Shah Karim al Hussaini Aga Khan, the current 49th Imam who has been on the throne for 57 years. In his tribute to his grandfather, Mawlana Hazar Imam said, “Through 72 years of Imamat, he guided his spiritual children to happiness and prosperity.” …
Our beloved second Imam, Hazrat Hussein (a.s.) was born on January 8, 626 AC.
He began his reign as the 2nd Ismaili Imam* on the death of his father, Hazrat Ali, on January 27, 661.
Imam Hussein was martyred in the Battle of Karbala on the 10th day of the Muslim month of Muharram, or October 10, 680, at the age of 54. He was succeeded to the hereditary throne of Imamat by Imam Zainul Abideen …
Ismailimail Special Feature:
137th birth anniversary of His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Constellation of Honours of His Highness Aga Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III
- Simerg | Special Photo Essay: A Collection of 48 (Plus One) Images from the Glorious Life of the 48th Ismaili Imam, His Highness Aga Khan III
- Dawn (Pakistan) | Aga Khan and Pakistan
- The Express Tribune (Pakistan) | Sir Aga Khan: The Visionary Leader
- Business Recorder (Pakistan) | Ismaili community marks Sir Aga Khan III’s birth anniversary today
- Constellations | His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III & The League of Nations
- 137 yrs ago, began the resurrection of knowledge! His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Publication: Hazrat Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah – A Bridge Between Two Epochs
- Reflection: Ismaili Gnosis | Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III on My Flag
- Retrospective: Simerg | Readings on Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah & Imam Hussein: Two Ismaili Imams Who Lived 1250 Years Apart
- Retrospective: Noureen Reimoo | Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III: From Horse Carriages to Nuclear Physics – Seventy Years of Glorious Leadership
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
Accelerate your Awareness – Explore, Discover and Learn more about His Highness Aga Khan III at Simerg and Simergphotos
All Related to His Highness Aga Khan III on Ismailimail:
- Sultan Mohamed Shah Aga Khan School Celebrates Golden Jubilee | Pamir Times
- Sir Aga Khan III – the man who turned the wheel of fortune | The Express Tribune, Pakistan
- Aga Khan III: His Life, Accomplishments and Service to Humanity | Ismaili Gnosis
- Aga Khan III: War or Peace – A Broadcast Talk
- Legacy of Jubilees of Imam Sultan Mohamed Shah
- Aga Khan III (1877 – 1957) – Villa Yakymour | Getty Images
- World Wide Honors & Global Impact of the Ismaili Imamat: His Highness Aga Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III & His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV
- His Highness the Aga Khan: “The Qur’an’s is an inclusive vision of society…”
- Pune’s neglected Aga Khan Palace is a shameful example of how India handles heritage – The Hindu
- Mata Salamat: The Lady of Yakymour