The Pakistani women’s cricket team successfully defended their title and defeated team Bangladesh at the Incheon Asian Games cricket final match on September 25, 2014, claiming the first gold medal for Pakistan.
Pakistan was expected to reign as the victor of the tournament, since they were the gold medal winners at the 16th Asian Games in Gaungzhou, China. Pakistan team captain, Sana Mir, won the toss and elected to bat first. Marina Iqbal and Javeria Khan started their game on a strong note. Jahanara was successful with a breakthrough on a magic delivery to Javeria Khan who gave a simple catch to Salma Khaton. Marina Iqbal and Bisma Maroof played incredibly well to provide a strong base for a good target.
Every four years, the best athletes from all over Asia gather at the biggest and most prestigious Pancontinental multi-sport event known as the Asian Games. Recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the Asian Games is regarded as the second largest international games next to the Olympic Games.
More at the source: http://blog.incheon2014ag.com/pakistan-gold/
- Kainat Imtiaz: Female Professional Cricketer/Athlete
- Kainat Imtiaz: First Ever Ismaili Muslim woman to win cricket gold at Asian Games
Related Sports at Ismailimail:
- Aleem Hassanali: En Route to the Raptors
- Aly Jamal and Alyssa Jamal: Father, Daughter Top Winners List
- Alyssa Jamal takes the Pendant
- Diamond Jubilee Polo Tournament in Yasin valley, Gilgit-Baltistan
- Midwest Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board Annual Cricket Tournament
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!