The Aga Khan Museum and Reel Asian co-present the Toronto premiere of Himalaya Song by Gingger Shankar (vocals/double violin), Dave Liang (piano/electronics), and Mridu Chandra (video and narration).
This multimedia performance uses music, storytelling, and video to examine the Himalayas as they undergo major environmental and ecological change.
Ticket price includes Gala reception and access to Aga Khan Museum exhibitions. Galleries open until 11 pm on Thursday, November 13 for ticket holders.
EVENT: Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival: Himalaya Song
DATE: Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST – 11:00 p.m. EST
FREE DROP-IN WORKSHOP 1 – 5pm!
Before the screening of Himalaya Song, visit the Bellerive Room for a workshop called “The Making of an Archive” led by Montreal artist Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen.
This photo digitization workshop and conversation session involves creating an online archive of Canadian immigrant experiences through amateur photographs. Learn more about this intriguing project here.
About Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival® is a unique showcase of contemporary Asian cinema and work from the Asian diaspora. Works include films and videos by East, South and Southeast Asian artist in Canada, the U.S., Asia and all over the world. As Canada’s largest Asian film festival, Reel Asian® provides a public forum for Asian media artists and their work, and fuels the growing appreciation for Asian cinema in Canada.
Founded in 1997 by producer Anita Lee and journalist Andrew Sun, this non-profit community-based festival has grown into an eagerly anticipated annual event that attracts thousands of attendees to 6 exciting days of galas, screenings, forums, workshops and parties.
Reel Asian gives audiences a chance to see cinematic achievement beyond the genres and directors typically associated with the represented countries – the fest is a cinephile’s must-see – The Globe & Mail
In a city crowded with the celebration of film, [Reel Asian] has matured into one of the best alternative film festivals going – The Toronto Star
Reel Asian proves that East is best – a generous serving of cinematic sensations – Eye Weekly
For the best contemporary films from East and Southeast Asia…this is the place to be – CityTV
Reel Asian is a proud member of the Independent Media Arts Alliance and is committed to paying industry-standard artist fees to artists, filmmakers & curators in all our initiatives.
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 17,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Doors Open 2018 at the Aga Khan Museum
- How to plan your visit this summer to the Aga Khan Museum
- Ismaili Centre Toronto: Book Launch & Exhibition Tour with Dr. Shainool Jiwa – The Fatimids: The Rise of a Muslim Empire
- Salim Nensi’s Aga Khan Museum and Park photograph | Toronto.com
- Special Good Friday Event at the Aga Khan Museum
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Recently Featured at Ismailimail:
Click on headline links to open all related stories
|His Highness the Aga Khan in Kyrgyzstan||Salim-Sulaiman Live 2014 North America Tour||AKU Exhibition in Karachi||Upcoming Events|