The Aga Khan Museum and Reel Asian co-present the Toronto premiere of Himalaya Song by Gingger Shankar (vocals/double violin), Dave Liang (piano/electronics), and Mridu Chandra (video and narration).
This multimedia performance uses music, storytelling, and video to examine the Himalayas as they undergo major environmental and ecological change.
Ticket price includes Gala reception and access to Aga Khan Museum exhibitions. Galleries open until 11 pm on Thursday, November 13 for ticket holders.
EVENT: Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival: Himalaya Song
DATE: Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST – 11:00 p.m. EST
FREE DROP-IN WORKSHOP 1 – 5pm!
Before the screening of Himalaya Song, visit the Bellerive Room for a workshop called “The Making of an Archive” led by Montreal artist Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen.
This photo digitization workshop and conversation session involves creating an online archive of Canadian immigrant experiences through amateur photographs. Learn more about this intriguing project here.
About Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival® is a unique showcase of contemporary Asian cinema and work from the Asian diaspora. Works include films and videos by East, South and Southeast Asian artist in Canada, the U.S., Asia and all over the world. As Canada’s largest Asian film festival, Reel Asian® provides a public forum for Asian media artists and their work, and fuels the growing appreciation for Asian cinema in Canada.
Founded in 1997 by producer Anita Lee and journalist Andrew Sun, this non-profit community-based festival has grown into an eagerly anticipated annual event that attracts thousands of attendees to 6 exciting days of galas, screenings, forums, workshops and parties.
Reel Asian gives audiences a chance to see cinematic achievement beyond the genres and directors typically associated with the represented countries – the fest is a cinephile’s must-see – The Globe & Mail
In a city crowded with the celebration of film, [Reel Asian] has matured into one of the best alternative film festivals going – The Toronto Star
Reel Asian proves that East is best – a generous serving of cinematic sensations – Eye Weekly
For the best contemporary films from East and Southeast Asia…this is the place to be – CityTV
Reel Asian is a proud member of the Independent Media Arts Alliance and is committed to paying industry-standard artist fees to artists, filmmakers & curators in all our initiatives.
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 17,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Canada is using art to build bridges with Syrian refugees, while the rest of the world builds walls to keep them out – Aga Khan Museum & Institute for Canadian Citizenship serve as models
- YuMee Chung demonstrates the ‘Elbow Room’ yoga stretch at Aga Khan Museum’s Diwan Restaurant
- Aga Khan Museum wins Urban Vitality Award in recognition of its architectural contribution to GTA and its outstanding relationship to Toronto’s multicultural identity
- On Arts Toronto, host Mark Wigmore of JAZZ.FM 91 interviews Henry Kim on Aga Khan Museum’s exhibition, Syria: A Living History
- Ismaili Centre, Toronto inspires YuMee Chung to demonstrate a dramatic version of the classic yoga ‘Pyramid Pose’
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Recently Featured at Ismailimail:
Click on headline links to open all related stories
|His Highness the Aga Khan in Kyrgyzstan||Salim-Sulaiman Live 2014 North America Tour||AKU Exhibition in Karachi||Upcoming Events|