via writer/educator Cristoph De Caermichael’s YouTube channel
The Iranian ceramics were clay based, as only China had access to porcelain back then. (Muslims) were fascinated by something they didn’t have, .. There was always a back and forth between the Muslim world and China. China played a big role because of the trade.
– Ruba Kana′an, Head of Education and Scholarly Programs – Aga Khan Museum
“We wouldn’t have a beautiful park if it was downtown … It’s an accessible space and the land was available. Toronto made sense because of its diversity and pluralism. The most fascinating thing, is it allows the discovery of things we didn’t know, or weren’t sure of. The idea is to make the arts of Islam better known. There is always a need for information on any topic, this just happens to be art.”
– Azim Alibhai, Chief Communications Consultant – Aga Khan Museum
Accelerate your Awareness – Explore, Discover and Learn more about the Aga Khan Projects in Toronto
Earlier and Related – Aga Khan Museum Inauguration – Selected Media & Press Coverage
Earlier and Related: All Media & Press Coverage on Aga Khan Museum
- Spend the day with an Empire of Enlightenment | Aga Khan Museum
- Dr. Ulrike Al-Khamis’s Lecture on the origins, aspirations, and cultural achievements of the Fatimids
- Dr. Farhad Daftary’s Lecture at the Aga Khan Museum: Spiritual Foundations of the Fatimids
- Doors Open 2018 at the Aga Khan Museum
- How to plan your visit this summer to the Aga Khan Museum
Earlier and Related: All Dr. Ruba Kana’an
- Syria’s Art and Architecture: A multicultural history session at the Aga Khan Museum
- Health and Wellness from an 11th-century Perspective | Aga Khan Museum
- Event – January 24 | Toronto Public Library Deer Park: Thought Exchange with Dr. Ruba Kana’an of Aga Khan Museum
- Guided walk-through of Aga Khan Museum with Dr. Ruba Kana’an and Azim Alibhai
- The Six-lecture Series Programme: Partnership between Shia Ismaili Muslim community and the Royal Ontario Museum
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 17,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
Recently Featured at Ismailimail: