Aga Khan Foundation Canada, in partnership with the Humanitarian Coalition, the International Development Research Centre, the Canadian Research Institute on Humanitarian Crisis and Aid, and Government of Canada, invite you to watch a series of webcasts by renowned humanitarian experts at the second annual Canadian Humanitarian Conference.
The conference is being held at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat, Ottawa on December 4 and 5, 2014
EVENT: Adaptation and Innovation: Canada’s contributions to Humanitarian Response
DATE: Thursday, December 4th, 2014 to Friday, December 5th, 2014
- Valerie Amos, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
- The Hon. Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development
- Nigel Fisher, former UNHCR Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Syria crisis
TIME: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
VENUE: Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat, 199 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Following the resounding success of last year’s inaugural conference, and given the increasing level of interest expressed by the humanitarian community across Canada, the 2014 Canadian Humanitarian Conference will set the stage for a national conversation showcasing Canadian expertise in humanitarian response and related fields.
An expanded conference format with several panels and keynote speakers from renowned humanitarian organizations, UN agencies, and the Canadian Government will convene, representing the depth of Canadian contributions to humanitarian response, including in disaster risk management, logistics, health, governance and more. Almost 200 researchers, practitioners, and policymakers are registered for the conference.
Follow the conference at @HumConference for the latest updates!
- Aga Khan Foundation Canada – Adaptation and Innovation: Canada’s contributions to Humanitarian Response.
Related All Upcoming Events:
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Subscribe and join 17,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!