The Economist’s first-ever Canada Summit will explore the pressing questions facing Canada’s economy today. Aga Khan Museum’s CEO, Henry Kim is one of several speakers at the event.
Find out About Brand Canada: The more the merrier (session at 5:05) as Henry Kim, Director and CEO, Aga Khan Museum, Cameron Bailey, Artistic director, Toronto International Film Festival and Madelaine Drohan, Canada correspondent,The Economist discuss this topic.
One out of 5 people in the Canada’s population is foreign-born. Multiculturalism has become a basic Canadian value and it is reflected in everything from broadcasting to education policy.
- What are the upsides of celebrating diversity and tolerance?
- And how can Canada capitalise on them?
- How can Canadian institutions convey their edge internationally?
- Why do some diverse societies thrive while others fracture or fragment?
- How can Canada’s vibrant mix of talent be translated into robust business opportunities?
EVENT: The Economist: The Canada Summit
DATE: Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014
TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
VENUE: The Art Gallery of Ontario, 317 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1G4
PROGRAM: Download detailed programme
The Economist: The Canada Summit
It’s test time for Canada. The country’s stable macroeconomic environment and sound monetary policy have allowed it to emerge from the global financial crisis barely scathed. But Canada still faces a number of urgent political, economic and social challenges. The Canada Summit, chaired by Greg Ip, US Economics editor of The Economist, will bring the publication’s coverage of Canada to life, showcase the latest data from The Economist Intelligence Unit and explore the future of social and economic progress in Canada and its place in the global business community.
It’s time for Canada to apply fresh thinking to policy-making and business strategy to unleash the country’s potential as a global powerhouse.The event is designed for business leaders, entrepreneurs, decision-makers, public officials and global executives, who are invested in Canada’s future.
Join the conversation via #CanadaSummit.
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Subscribe and join 17,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!