The Aga Khan Museum presents the page-to-stage world premiere of a multi-media performance written and directed by composer Shahrokh Yadegari.
Through storytelling, music, and images, this work explores the trials of Prince Siavash from the Shah-Nameh (Book of Kings).
Manuscripts and folios of this epic poem — written by the Persian poet Ferdowsi between 977 and 1010 and illustrated over centuries — are on permanent rotational display at the Museum.
EVENT: SIAVASH: The Prince of Hope – Showcase Performance.
DATE: Friday, December 5th, 2014 & Saturday, December 6th, 2014.
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST, for both days.
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum Auditorium, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The featured artists include Gordafarid (naqal), Siamak Shajarian (vocals), Bahareh Moghtadaie (tombak and percussion), and Keyavash Nourai (violin, cello, kamancheh)
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Canada is using art to build bridges with Syrian refugees, while the rest of the world builds walls to keep them out – Aga Khan Museum & Institute for Canadian Citizenship serve as models
- YuMee Chung demonstrates the ‘Elbow Room’ yoga stretch at Aga Khan Museum’s Diwan Restaurant
- Aga Khan Museum wins Urban Vitality Award in recognition of its architectural contribution to GTA and its outstanding relationship to Toronto’s multicultural identity
- On Arts Toronto, host Mark Wigmore of JAZZ.FM 91 interviews Henry Kim on Aga Khan Museum’s exhibition, Syria: A Living History
- Ismaili Centre, Toronto inspires YuMee Chung to demonstrate a dramatic version of the classic yoga ‘Pyramid Pose’
- Aga Khan Museum wins 2016 Urban Vitality Award from the Canadian Urban Institute
- Free admission for Syrian refugees to Aga Khan Museum exhibit | Inside Toronto
- Aga Khan Museum offers Syrian newcomers free admission to the acclaimed exhibition Syria: A Living History | Edmonton Journal
- Toronto’s Aga Khan Museum Offers Free Admission to Syrian Newcomers | ARTFORUM
- Aliya Pabani “pix” Aga Khan Musuem | Toronto 24 Hours
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Subscribe and join 17,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!