The Knowledge Quarter, a partnership of 35 academic, cultural, research, scientific and media organisations based in Kings Cross, Euston and Bloomsbury, was launched on Thursday, December 4th, 2014 at the British Library in London. The group will work together to share their information, ideas, research and innovation.
Some of the members of the Knowledge Quarter include:
- Aga Khan University (AKU)
- Alan Turing Institute for Data Science
- British Museum
- Institute of Ismaili Studies (IIS)
- Institute of Physics (IOP)
- The Guardian
- University of the Arts London to the Connected Digital Economy Catapult
- Wellcome Trust
The aim of the Knowledge Quarter is to make the outstanding facilities, collections and expertise of its members understood, available and used as widely as possible for the benefit of researchers, creative people, students and the local community.
Located in the heart of London, it will be a focal point for the greatest concentration of knowledge anywhere in the world.
“The area around King’s Cross, St Pancras and Euston stations is a gateway to the most valuable commodity of the 21st century – knowledge.
Just as the great Victorian railway engineers built a revolutionary transport hub for people and goods in this part of London, so the Knowledge Quarter will establish an interchange for creative ideas, research and innovation: a centre for the knowledge economy in the 21st century.”
– Roly Keating, chief executive of the British Library and chair of the Knowledge Quarter
The headquarters of the £42 million pioneering Alan Turing Institute for Data Science will also be based at Knowledge Quarter. The world-class research institute, dedicated to British computer pioneer and WW2 Enigma code-breaker Alan Turing, will work with universities across the country to focus on new ways of collecting, organising and analysing large sets of data – commonly known as big data.
— Dept for Business (@bisgovuk) December 4, 2014
- Research Information | Library News | Knowledge Quarter launched at British Library
- Impact Hub King’s Cross | Knowledge Quarter launched
- UK Government | New Turing Institute at London’s Knowledge Quarter
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Subscribe and join 18,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!