On the day of the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony in Oslo (December 10, 2014), join Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway for a celebration of the 2014 Laureates, Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi, and their important achievements towards advancing children’s rights and access to education.
The evening will feature a reception, video highlights from the ceremony and a discussion on the links between girls’ education, empowerment and peace.
EVENT: Celebrating the Nobel Peace Prize 2014 – The Power of Education!
DATE: Wednesday, December 10th, 2014.
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST, for both days.
VENUE: The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat, 199 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
From Oslo to Ottawa, the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai for their work in advancing children’s rights and girls’ education is something to celebrate!
Join AKFC and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway on December 10 for an evening featuring:
- Video highlights from the Nobel Peace Prize Awards Ceremony in Oslo
- A discussion on girls’ education between award-winning journalist and author, Sally Armstrong, and human rights activist, Lauryn Oates
- A reception with Norwegian treats
Sally Armstrong, renowned journalist and author of several books, including Ascent of Women, will be joined by Lauryn Oates, human rights activist, and other distinguished guests to discuss the situation in Afghanistan, where AKDN, Canada and Norway have made significant investments to promote the rights of girls and women.
- Aga Khan Foundation Canada – Celebrating the Nobel Peace Prize 2014: The Power of Education!.
- Ismaili Institutions for Canada | Nobel Peace Prize: The Power Of Education
- Royal Norwegian Embassy | Norway and Canada: Culture and Events – Celebrating the Nobel Peace Prize 2014: The Power of Education!
Related Ismailimail, The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat:
- Discover how the former War Museum in Canada has been transformed into the Global Centre for Pluralism
- Life Lived: Ted Teshima, architect of record for Aga Khan Museum and Ismaili Centre in Toronto and the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat in Ottawa
- Pluralism in peacebuilding and the opportunities for Canadian leadership (Video)
- Pluralism and Peace in a Fragmenting World: What is Canada’s Role?
- How do we know what works in development? Aga Khan Foundation Canada’s Presentation at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Follow the Fanous across Canada – Canada poised to win the hearts of the Global Jamat
- Ottawa’s Diplomatic Community & Canadian Government Officials celebrate His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan’s 59 years of Imamat at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat
- Rock crystal has been used for centuries for its ‘magical’ qualities
- Ismaili Imamat’s Diplomatic Corps: Senior Officials of the Seat of Ismaili Imamat, Personal Representatives of the Imam & AKDN Resident Representatives
- Videos & Photos: Smart Global Development Conference at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat
All Related to Upcoming Events
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Subscribe and join 18,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!