Aga Khan Museum’s Performing Arts program features much celebrated artist Granada-born Lara Bello who delivers stunning performances that mix Latin American rhythms with jazz and classical music, flamenco dance and song.
EVENT: Showcase Performance: Lara Bello: Reflections of Granada
DATE: Friday, December 12th, 2014
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum Auditorium, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
In May 2014 Lara Bello was selected by the Embassy of Spain in Washington DC to represent “Spain Arts & Culture” at the European Month of Culture in Washington. Bello is currently based in New York. Her music is varied in style and origin, reflecting the multicultural identities of her hometown of Granada. She draws on classical music and jazz as well as overtone singing, Buddhist chant, flamenco dance and song, and Arab dance.
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Aga Khan in Toronto showcases Canadian and Islamic Art
- Video: Aga Khan University’s Special Lecture Series – Henry Kim, Director and CEO of the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto
- Toronto’s Aga Khan Museum makes appearance in new Star Trek TV Series and Matt Damon Movie
- Aga Khan Museum home chosen because of Toronto’s tolerance
- Hottest tickets in town: Five things to do in Toronto – Highlights of Islamic Art from the Bruschettini Collection | The Globe and Mail
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Subscribe and join 18,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!