Aga Khan Museum’s Performing Arts program features much celebrated artist Granada-born Lara Bello who delivers stunning performances that mix Latin American rhythms with jazz and classical music, flamenco dance and song.
EVENT: Showcase Performance: Lara Bello: Reflections of Granada
DATE: Friday, December 12th, 2014
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST
VENUE: Aga Khan Museum Auditorium, 77 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
In May 2014 Lara Bello was selected by the Embassy of Spain in Washington DC to represent “Spain Arts & Culture” at the European Month of Culture in Washington. Bello is currently based in New York. Her music is varied in style and origin, reflecting the multicultural identities of her hometown of Granada. She draws on classical music and jazz as well as overtone singing, Buddhist chant, flamenco dance and song, and Arab dance.
Related Ismailimail, Aga Khan Museum:
- Student Art Installation at the Aga Khan Museum: Finding Home: Personal Journeys and Visual Narratives
- Due to Popular Demand, Syria: A Living History Extends its Exhibition Run at the Aga Khan Museum
- Drawing: Aga Khan Museum
- Snow Day at The Aga Khan Park & Museum in Toronto
- Persian “Flying Carpet” @ Aga Khan Museum
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Subscribe and join 18,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!