Educators have had access to the Internet for over 20 years. We can download all of Wikipedia onto our mobile phones. Information is NOT in short supply. But, how has this access changed our teaching and learning? This seminar will explore pedagogical approaches that leverage the tools of our time to foster rich learning opportunities with our students.
EVENT: Thinking Flexibly about Flexible Learning – Network of Teaching and Learning Webinar
DATE: Wednesday, March 25, 2015
TIME: 12:00 to 1:30 PM Local Time
VENUE: Mandela Hall in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and throughout AKU via WebEx/Videoconference
Attend in person: Dar es Salaam – Mandela Hall – 12:00-1:30 pm
Attend via WebEx/Videoconference
- Kampala – Conference Room – 12:00-1:30 pm
- Karachi – HOB Conference Room, 1st Floor, Stadium Road Campus – 2:00-3:30 pm
- London – ISMC Boardroom – 9:00-10:30 am
- Nairobi – Office of the Provost Boardroom – 12:00-1:30 pm
Find out more on events at Aga Khan University
About Professor Crichton
An Associate Professor in the Faculty of Education at the UBC’s Okanagan campus, Dr. Crichton has taught in rural and urban K-12 schools in British Columbia, California, and Australia. She was a faculty member at University of Calgary in the specialization of Educational Technology. She is a visiting professor with Aga Khan University – Institute of Educational Development, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and a Fellow of the Commonwealth Centre of Education, University of Cambridge.
Dr. Crichton has worked on Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) projects in rural western China, as well as educational projects in Bhutan, Chile, and Tanzania. Currently, she is an online mentor for the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) project in Afghanistan.
Dr. Crichton is the Founding Director of the Innovative Learning Centre (http://innovativelearningcentre.ca/). She has been a friend and visiting professor at AKU since 2008. She worked with the Network of Teaching and Learning in the first offering of the Blended Learning course in 2011.
All Related to Upcoming Events
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Subscribe and join 20,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!
All Related to Aga Khan University:
- Aga Khan Students from Pakistan achieve top results nationwide
- Master of her own destiny, saviour of others – Lesser-known details of Dr Ruth Pfau’s early life
- Aga Khan University’s Honoree, German doctor and nun, Ruth Pfau passed away at the age of 87
- The Heart of a Midwife (Video)
- Aga Khan University: Exploring community midwives’ perceptions of their work experience after deployment in the rural areas of Chitral, Pakistan