Renowned historian Ayesha Jalal will deliver a lecture at the Aga Khan University on March 27.
Her presentation is the part of AKU’s special lecture series hosted throughout the academic year. These lectures are now a city cultural event in their own right.
Jalal is a professor of history at the Tufts University where she directs the Centre for South Asian and Indian Ocean Studies. The bulk of her work deals with the creation of Muslim identities in modern South Asia.
EVENT: Special Lecture Series: Islam is the Ocean – Muslims and Globalization in the Age of Empire
DATE: Friday, March 27, 2015
TIME: 4:00 to 6:00 PM Local Time
VENUE: The Aga Khan University (AKU), Stadium Road, Karachi, Pakistan – AKU Auditorium
- Aga Khan University | SLS: Islam is the Ocean – Muslims and Globalization in the Age of Empire
- The News | AKU lecture: Ayesha Jalal to speak on 27th
Find out more on events at Aga Khan University
About Professor Ayesha Jalal
I joined Tufts University as a tenured full professor in the fall of 1999.
Since 2003, I have held a joint appointment at the History Department and the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy and am currently the holder of the Mary Richardson chair.
After double majoring in history and political science from Wellesley College in 1978, I went to the United Kingdom where I received my doctorate in history from the University of Cambridge in 1983.
I was a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge (1980-84), Leverhulme Fellow at the Centre of South Asian Studies, Cambridge (1984-87), Fellow of the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars in Washington, DC (1985-86) and Academy Scholar at the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies (1988-90). Between 1998-2003, I was a MacArthur Fellow.
I have taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Tufts University, Columbia University, and Harvard University.
All Related to Upcoming Events
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Subscribe and join 20,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!
All Related to Aga Khan University:
- Duke’s Samad named Chairwoman of Dept. of Medicine at Aga Khan University in Pakistan
- Researchers at Aga Khan University and the University of Virginia launch artificial intelligence study
- Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU-EB) signs accord with Balochistan govt and Unicef
- Tanzania: Aga Khan Hospital launches new technology for efficiency
- Architectural rendering of Aga Khan University Hospital Kampala
- Aga Khan University Report 2017: Creating Visions of Opportunity
- In partnership with the Aga Khan University, a comprehensive study to address the public health risks posed by paan (betel leaf), niswaar (powdered tobacco snuff) and gutka (tobacco and areca nut)
- Aga Khan University holds breast cancer meeting | Daily Nation
- Aga Khan hospital opens first electrophysiology programme in Kenya | Daily Nation
- Famous Comedian/Activist Doctor Patch Adam visits Aga Khan University Children’s Hospital