“Heart to me means love, service and the community.”
– Naz Rayani
Naz Rayani has always worn his heart on his sleeve, but now he’s displaying it across his five Victoria pharmacies as the veteran pharmacist re-brands his stores as Heart Pharmacy.
The patriarch of the Rayani clan — all of whom are involved in the business — is changing the signage, which until June 1 read People’s Drug Mart.
“Heart to me means love, service and the community,” said the soft spoken Naz, who has retired from dispensing at his pharmacies but not from doling out hugs and warm handshakes to his customers.
And that kind of interaction is at the core of what Rayani hopes the re-branding exercise will mean for the company that has pharmacies in Cadboro Bay, at the University of Victoria, in Shelbourne Plaza, Fairfield Plaza and near the corner of Moss Street and Fairfield Road.
“It’s Heart because caring for the community and the customer was what Naz was all about and what defined him and his success,” said daughter and pharmacist Zahra Rayani-Kanji.
“It’s about our honouring that and reconnecting to it, recommitting to it and communicating that message to the communities we serve.”
According to Naz’s son and president of Heart Pharmacy, Rasool Rayani, the name also captures the fact it is a family enterprise and will carry on the standard Naz has set.
“It’s really a tribute to Naz. He has a really deep connection with people who are customers, clients and people who have worked with him in the non-profit field,” said Rasool. “He’s a loving and empathetic person.”
The re-branding is more than a name and logo change.
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Want to inspire? Send your stories to us at Ismailimail@gmail.com
Subscribe and join 21,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!
Earlier & Related about Naz Rayani from the Ismailimail Archives
- A bridge to understanding – Naz Rayani takes public on journeys to the heart of his faith in an effort to counteract negative stereotypes of Islam
- Ismailis in the News: Nazmudin Rayani, Order of Canada
- TV Coverage of Nazmudin Rayani’s Order of Canada Investiture
- Video: Naz Rayani goes to Africa – TV coverage – Canadian Aid in Africa
- Muslims open place of prayer – Victoria British Columbia
- Walk helping to change the world
- Thousands expected for World Partnership Walk
- Improving our world and our community is service above self
- A-Channel with Naz Rayani: World Partnership Walk 2010
- Prayerful Places: Large, Small and Personal – The Ismaili Jamatkhana, Burnaby
- Naz Rayani: Overcoming adversity one step at a time
- New role for Naz Rayani
- Tour of Ismaili Jamatkhana & Centre, Burnaby, British Columbia
- Lyn’s Blog: Trip to the Ismaili Jamatkhana in Burnaby
- Naz Rayani to receive 2012 Leadership Victoria Lifetime Achievement Award
- Pharmacist wins leadership award
- Saanich pharmacist and philanthropist, Naz Rayani honoured for life’s work
- Naz Rayani Honored in BC Legislature
- Naz Rayani, 2012 Leadership Victoria Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
- University of Victoria to award honorary degree to Nazmudin (Naz) G. Rayani
- Naz Rayani’s Living Legacy – Pharmacy’s new name reflects founder’s community spirit
- Naz Rayani earns Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce’s lifetime award
- Naz Rayani’s goal: Bring people together
- Naz Rayani to lead tour of Ismaili Centre, September 21, 2016