March 8, 2016 – A. Maherali for Ismailimail: It is said that to measure a nation’s or community’s progress one needs to look how material and moral investments are made to empower women and youths.
For empowering and educating women leads to empowering whole families, communities and nations, and empowering and educating youths secures the successful trajectory of tomorrow’s leaders, since youths are leaders of tomorrow.
It is with this sentiment that we pay tribute to all women with a selection of our inspiring Ismaili women, who represent thousands more, all of them providing a source of strength and wisdom – an example in practice of what is possible … role models for all of us.
- Almas Jiwani, UN Women National Committe Canada President
- Alyna Nanji, One Billion Rising Child Activist
- Anar Simpson, Technology Entrepreneur & Technovation Global Ambassador
- Farah Mohamed, G(irls)20 Founder & CEO
- Dr. Farida Virani, India’s Professor, MET Business School
- Karima Velji, Canadian Nurses Association President
- Mobina Jaffer, Canada’s Senator
- Nurjehan Mawani, AKDN Resident Representative
- Sabrina Premji, Chief Exploration Officer of Kidogo – a social enterprise
- Salima Visram, Kenya’s Soular Backpack Founder
- Samina Baig, Pakistan’s Mountaineer
- Yasmin Ratanshi, Member of Canada’s Parliament
In celebrating International Women’s Day, we also share a set of compelling tweets from around the world
Research, Insight & Perspective by A. Maherali