The University of Alberta, Department of Music is kindly offering an exciting series of camps again this year for the age group of 6 to 17. Professional musicians, accomplished artists and faculty members from the University of Alberta will teach the camps. The camps will include numerous activities such as music performances, calligraphy, photography, yoga, painting and fun games. For more information, please visit University of Alberta Faculty of Arts Summer Camp 2016.
Explore the serene sound of Indian sitar! Discover fascinating rhythms of Arabic drums! Experience the mesmerizing sound of Persian Santur! Learn the exquisite art of calligraphy! You can study all under one roof. Do not miss this unique opportunity to join Music and Art in the Muslim World summer camps at the University of Alberta.
The camp will include numerous activities such as music performance, building and creating hand-made instruments, games, painting, drama, dance, yoga, photography, and calligraphy. Accomplished musicians, and artists will deliver presentations and enlighten students with their rich experiences and contributions. The camps aim to provide children with an opportunity to explore and discover music and art of the Muslim world under the guidance of qualified and trained instructors from the University of Alberta’s Department of Music.
The World Music and Music and Art in the Muslim World summer camps aim to help participants develop a broad range of artistic, social and cultural skills such as:
- Developing a deeper understanding of Muslim cultures, values and spirituality
- Celebrating diversity and cultural pluralism through art, music and poetry
- Enhancing artistic, social, and intellectual development
- Nurturing talent and creativity
2016 Camp Dates
- July 4-8, 2016 — Age 14-17 (maximum of 25 students)
- July 11-15, 2016 — Age 10-13 (maximum of 25 students)
- July 25-29, 2016 — Age 6-9 (maximum of 25 students)
For more information on summer camp course content, please contact Dr. Karim Gillani.
Register at: uofa.ualberta.ca/music
- Phil Musani’s Photographic Seminar at ‘Art and Music in the Muslim World’ at University of Alberta
- Music and Islam with Dr. Karim Gillani | Muslim Link
- Aga Khan Museum Summer Camp “Music of the Muslim World”
- Last chance to register, young kid’s camp under the direction of Dr. Karim Gillani: Music and Art in the Muslim World
- Join Karim Gillani in 2016 Music & Arts in the Muslim World Summer Camp at University of Alberta
- TEDxCalgary releases their roster of speakers and performers – Three prominent Ismailis will share the stage
- Dr. Karim Gillani receives grant to study Effect of Religious Music on Intergenerational Identity and Community Formation