Professor Amir Kassam makes a presentation on: ‘The No-Till revolution: A Worldwide Phenomenon’ at the No-Till Show and Conference in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom. He also contributed an article entitled: Why Adopt No-Till Conservation Agriculture?
Why Adopt No-Till Conservation Agriculture?
Groundswell Article – June 9, 2016 (click to read)
Amir Kassam, University of Reading, UK
Amir Kassam is the Moderator of the Global Platform for No-Till Conservation Agriculture Community of Practice (CA-CoP) hosted by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. He is the Chairman of the International Conservation Agriculture Advisory Panel for Africa (ICAAP-Africa) of the African Conservation Tillage (ACT) Network. Amir is Visiting Professor in the School of Agriculture, Policy and Development, University of Reading, UK. He was awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Honours List in 2005 for services to tropical agriculture and to rural development.
Amir’s work is focused on globalizing the development of No-Till Conservation Agriculture systems for sustainable agriculture intensification and land management. During his career, Amir has worked with a number of national and international agricultural development and research institutions, including several CGIAR centers, UN agencies and NGOs. His former positions include: Deputy Director General of WARDA (the Africa Rice Centre); Interim Executive Secretary of the CGIAR Science Council; Chairman of: the Aga Khan Foundation (UK); Chairman of Focus Humanitarian Assistance Europe Foundation; and Chairman of Tropical Agriculture Association, UK.
- Edited by Professor Amir Kassam, New Book: Conservation Agriculture for Africa
- Dr Amir Kassam to deliver lecture at University of Central Asia: Advances in Sustainable Agricultural Land Management
- Professor Amir Kassam’s Presentation: The No-Till Revolution – A Worldwide Phenomenon
- Professor Amir Kassam contributes to the 2016 World Day to Combat Desertification
- Professor Amir Kassam to Chair International Conservation Agriculture Advisory Panel for Africa
- Professor Amir Kassam attends Seminar that sees European Parliament address benefits of Conservation Agriculture
- Professor Amir Kassam delivers the 6th Hugh Bunting Memorial Lecture at the University of Reading, UK
- Amir Kassam’s Presentation: Sustainable Intensification and Conservation Agriculture – World Congress on Conservation Agriculture
- New Book by co-author Amir Kassam – Conservation Agriculture: Global Prospects and Challenges
- Dr. Amir Kassam addresses International Global Water Initiative Conference
- Dr. Amir Kassam: Inaugural Keynote Speaker at Conference on Conservation Agriculture, Bangladesh
- Spirit of Service: Impact of Agriculture Professor Amir Kassam’s work in rural India
- Amir Kassam presents at the 1st Africa Congress on Conservation Agriculture, Lusaka, Zambia
- Agriculture Professor Amir Kassam presents at Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt