Even though the Jamat of South Africa is under the jurisdiction of Kenya, we felt that they deserved a separate post.
The learnings from South Africa are powerful, we share one such instance from the FIFA World Cup Soccer’s first and only host so far, from the the African continent.
The ideals of kinship, freedom, truth and oneness of humanity ring true to similar ideals of the Jubilee Games (more in the Reflections section below).
Reflections: 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup, South Africa
There will be glory
There will be pain …
But Kinship not Conquest is the truth …
Transcript of the video
The Truth the Cup Contains
The infinite inhabits every individual soul. You know it is true because you know yourself and there are no limits to you. And so no man can be another’s master by right, but only by might and that is wrong.
There are no chains on a new-born’s limbs. No fences around the natural boundaries of nations. Freedom is a means for the world to assemble, the multitude to tremble with desire and national pride.
But listen past the chance to hear the song from the core of life itself. We are mothers and daughters, sisters and brothers, fathers and sons. WE ARE ONE.
This is Truth the Cup Contains! Pure.
Unpolluted by provincial histories. Undiluted by the divergent myths that divide us.
From the same soil, the same sun, WE ARE ALL of the SAME STUFF.
See it stretch and pounded, and thus so alive. See the many as one and the one moment for all, for perfection, for which we all strive. See so many shades of skin in full bloom, and then remember all the colors came from one all embracing womb.
There will be glory. There will be pain.
By the blood, sweat and tears of noble men, will South African soil be stained?
And in the end the Golden Cup will glow, for the one team that remains.
But Kinship not Conquest is the truth the Cup contains.
by Jeff Sarokin for ESPN’s coverage of
2010 FIFA World Cup Soccer in South Africa
This piece was recognized with both the Sports’ Emmy award for writing and the National Edward R. Murrow award for writing – making it the first piece for a Sports broadcast ever to receive that award.
“Terence Stamp‘s voice helped bring the script to life … Of all the pieces I have written for television, this is the one of which I am most proud, and I have Mr. Stamp to thank for its great success.”
Watch these 2 videos of the Ismaili Centres & Jamat Khanas
Research, Insight & Perspective by A. Maherali
Road to Jubilee Games 2016 Dubai
Jubilee Games 2016 Dubai
- Dr. Kurban Madhani’s Presentation on Central Asian Jamat
- Alyaan Dharani relives his Jubilee Games 2016 UAE memories
- Salaam Namaste TV Canada features Saifa Koonar, National Coordinator for Team Canada, Ismaili Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- Fareen Lalani: Vikings basketball player helps Canada get gold in Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Tawfiq Jamal: Richmond league standout helps Canada win at Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Camp Discovery at East York Jamatkhana in Toronto, Canada – Theme: Jubilee Games 2016
- DISCOVER Tajikistan: Jubilee Games 2016 Discovery Programme
- Fahim Somani: Genesis of the Design of Fanous, for 2016 Jubilee Games
- Life Size Fanous: Built in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Ali Aamir of Chitral: Winner 100m and 200m at Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- “Meet My Hero, Adnan” says Riyaan Maherali
- Tajikistan Honours Jubilee Games Dubai Athletes
- UBC Bookplate from Amin Damji celebrates Dubai Games
- Hatfield Jamatkhana UK celebrates success of Rhian Mather at #JubileeGames
- Jubilee Games Athletes receive warm welcome in Hunza, Pakistan
- Shereen Ladha: Professional Choreographer, Jubilee Games 2016
- Qayl Maherali of the Mars Generation reports about the Jubilee Games for TheIsmaili.org
- President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta celebrates with medal winning Jubilee Games Team Kenya
- Canadian Ismaili Council President Malik Talib’s message on the conclusion of Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Jubilee Games conclude in Dubai | GulfNews
- Emirates News Video Report (In Arabic): Closing Ceremonies of the Jubilee Games 2016
- Video Recordings: Opening Ceremony & Live Performances – Dubai 2016 Jubilee Games – Project Organizing Volunteers who made it happen
- Jubilee Games: 42 medals for Pakistan | Express Tribune
- Watch Jubilee Games Closing Ceremonies – Friday July 29, 2016
- Watch Jubilee Games Online – Live from Dubai
- Jubilee Games Sports Highlights: Day Three, Four, Five & Six
- 13 Tweets That Prove The Jubilee Games Happening In Dubai Are In Full Swing At The Moment | Lovin Dubai
- Jubilee Games Sports Highlights: Day One & Two
- Video Recording: Jubilee Games 2016’s Global Musical Concert
- Live Webcast of Global Concert at the 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai
- Video: Prince Rahim Aga Khan visits the Jubilee Games
- Video: Speech by Prince Rahim Aga Khan at the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Speech by Prince Rahim Aga Khan at the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Dubai sport meet brings Ismailis together – Khaleej Times
- Makupa Jamat joins Ismaili communities across the world to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Jubilee Games
- Team Canada prepares for Jubilee Games | Global News
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Wishes Good Luck to Canadian Ismaili athletes Competing in 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai
- Prince Rahim Aga Khan in attendance at the 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai – Opening Ceremonies about to start
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous takes UK Jamat by storm – Bond, Mission Impossible with an Ismaili Flair
- Video: Gathering in Dubai for the Jubilee Games
- Road to Jubilee Games: Follow the Fanous across Canada – Canada poised to win the hearts of the Global Jamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Kenya, Journeys with Jamat & Nature
- Road to Jubilee Games: Tanzania – Fanous from the shores of Lake Victoria & Indian Ocean to the Uhuru peak of Mt Kilimanjaro
- Athlete Spotlight: Canadian Adil Shamasdin at the Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Pakistan’s Feddy Fap brings Ismaili World’s Road to Jubilee Games in Khel Josh Mein
- Composed by Salim-Sulaiman – 2016 Jubilee Games Theme Song
- Athlete Spotlight: Talisa Lanoe represents Kenya at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in South Africa, Africa’s only host of the FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Milton Keynes players selected for Jubilee Games | Badminton England
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Portugal, home of the Seat of the Ismaili Imamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Congo
- Road to Jubilee Games: Aga Khan, Sports & Diplomacy
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Mozambique
- Road to Jubilee Games: Madagascar rising up like tigers!
- Road to Jubilee Games: Switzerland, Fanous in the heart of Europe
- Road to Jubilee Games: Uganda – Fanous lights up the hearts of the young and old alike
- Road to Jubilee Games: From mountains to mountains, Fanous travels across Tajikistan exhibiting power in unity!
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Bangladesh
- Road to Jubilee Games: Australia & New Zealand – Contending with Aussie & Kiwi Power
- Road to Jubilee Games: UAE & Gulf Jamats are ready to welcome the Ismaili World = “One Jamat” to Dubai
- Road to Jubilee Games: Jamats of Far East Unite to Compete as One
- Ontario Premier & Don Valley West MP celebrate Canada Day with Ismaili Athletes & Fanous
- Road to Jubilee Games: Catch the spirit of “JOSH” as Fanous reaches more than 100,000 people in Pakistan
- Team Tanzania takes Fanous to new heights, atop Africa’s highest summit, Mount Kilimanjaro
- Ontario Fanous Relay for Ismaili Jubilee Games & Canada Day Celebrations
- Nizar MacNojia: Watch me paint “The Fanous” in time-lapse video
- Seventy-nine athletes from British Columbia will be representing Team Canada at the Ismaili Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Sadiq Jiwa ’18, member of Kenyon’s golf team, will be playing in the international Ismaili Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Fanous ignites Jubilee Games spirit across the worldwide Jamat: Australia to Madagascar, Tajikistan to Tanzania, Kenya to Bangladesh, Pakistan to USA, Canada to India, UK to UAE and more to come!