10,000 members of Ismaili Muslim community from more than 25 countries attend Jubilee Games
Over 2,000 athletes from different parts of the world took part in Jubilee Games, an intra-community global sports event, held in Dubai on Saturday.
Jubilee Games, organised by the Ismaili Muslim community in association with the Dubai Sports Council, was attended by more than 10,000 people from more than 25 countries.
Shaikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, the Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development, attended the opening ceremony, which was held at Shaikh Rashid Hall, World Trade Centre.
Shaikh Nahyan said: “Everyone hopes to become winners. Although your reason tells you that some people will not win, your heart tells you that you will not be a loser. Let me assure you, both your reason and heart are correct. Winners will be in the minority, but all of you are winners.
“Sports inherently promote that paradox. All participants are winners. They pursue excellence, live by the highest principles, and perform with skill and courage.”
The event was also attended by another guest of honour, Prince Rahim Aga Khan, the eldest son of the Aga Khan IV.
Prince Rahim said: “In the current times, I can think of no better way than this and of no better place than Dubai to promote the notion of bringing young minds from diverse backgrounds together in the spirit of friendship and peace.
“Indeed this is in keeping with the theme of Expo 2020. These moments will be memorable for all of us and particularly for our young athlete,” he added.
Helal Saeed Almarri, Director General, Dubai Tourism and Commercial Marketing, said: “Being awarded the honour of hosting the Jubilee Games is recognition of Dubai’s stature as a global leading city, built on the fabric of its multi-cultural society, and the city’s inherent ability to bring together people, perspectives and passions from all over the world.”
- Fareen Lalani: Vikings basketball player helps Canada get gold in Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Tawfiq Jamal: Richmond league standout helps Canada win at Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Camp Discovery at East York Jamatkhana in Toronto, Canada – Theme: Jubilee Games 2016
- DISCOVER Tajikistan: Jubilee Games 2016 Discovery Programme
- Fahim Somani: Genesis of the Design of Fanous, for 2016 Jubilee Games
- Life Size Fanous: Built in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Ali Aamir of Chitral: Winner 100m and 200m at Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- “Meet My Hero, Adnan” says Riyaan Maherali
- Tajikistan Honours Jubilee Games Dubai Athletes
- UBC Bookplate from Amin Damji celebrates Dubai Games
- Hatfield Jamatkhana UK celebrates success of Rhian Mather at #JubileeGames
- Jubilee Games Athletes receive warm welcome in Hunza, Pakistan
- Shereen Ladha: Professional Choreographer, Jubilee Games 2016
- Qayl Maherali of the Mars Generation reports about the Jubilee Games for TheIsmaili.org
- President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta celebrates with medal winning Jubilee Games Team Kenya
- Canadian Ismaili Council President Malik Talib’s message on the conclusion of Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Jubilee Games conclude in Dubai | GulfNews
- Emirates News Video Report (In Arabic): Closing Ceremonies of the Jubilee Games 2016
- Video Recordings: Opening Ceremony & Live Performances – Dubai 2016 Jubilee Games – Project Organizing Volunteers who made it happen
- Jubilee Games: 42 medals for Pakistan | Express Tribune
- Watch Jubilee Games Closing Ceremonies – Friday July 29, 2016
- Watch Jubilee Games Online – Live from Dubai
- Jubilee Games Sports Highlights: Day Three, Four, Five & Six
- 13 Tweets That Prove The Jubilee Games Happening In Dubai Are In Full Swing At The Moment | Lovin Dubai
- Jubilee Games Sports Highlights: Day One & Two
- Video Recording: Jubilee Games 2016’s Global Musical Concert
- Live Webcast of Global Concert at the 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai
- Video: Prince Rahim Aga Khan visits the Jubilee Games
- Video: Speech by Prince Rahim Aga Khan at the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Speech by Prince Rahim Aga Khan at the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Dubai sport meet brings Ismailis together – Khaleej Times
- Makupa Jamat joins Ismaili communities across the world to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Jubilee Games
- Team Canada prepares for Jubilee Games | Global News
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Wishes Good Luck to Canadian Ismaili athletes Competing in 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai
- Prince Rahim Aga Khan in attendance at the 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai – Opening Ceremonies about to start
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous takes UK Jamat by storm – Bond, Mission Impossible with an Ismaili Flair
- Video: Gathering in Dubai for the Jubilee Games
- Road to Jubilee Games: Follow the Fanous across Canada – Canada poised to win the hearts of the Global Jamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Kenya, Journeys with Jamat & Nature
- Road to Jubilee Games: Tanzania – Fanous from the shores of Lake Victoria & Indian Ocean to the Uhuru peak of Mt Kilimanjaro
- Athlete Spotlight: Canadian Adil Shamasdin at the Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Pakistan’s Feddy Fap brings Ismaili World’s Road to Jubilee Games in Khel Josh Mein
- Composed by Salim-Sulaiman – 2016 Jubilee Games Theme Song
- Athlete Spotlight: Talisa Lanoe represents Kenya at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in South Africa, Africa’s only host of the FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Milton Keynes players selected for Jubilee Games | Badminton England
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Portugal, home of the Seat of the Ismaili Imamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Congo
- Road to Jubilee Games: Aga Khan, Sports & Diplomacy
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Mozambique
- Road to Jubilee Games: Madagascar rising up like tigers!
- Road to Jubilee Games: Switzerland, Fanous in the heart of Europe
- Road to Jubilee Games: Uganda – Fanous lights up the hearts of the young and old alike
- Road to Jubilee Games: From mountains to mountains, Fanous travels across Tajikistan exhibiting power in unity!
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Bangladesh
- Road to Jubilee Games: Australia & New Zealand – Contending with Aussie & Kiwi Power
- Road to Jubilee Games: UAE & Gulf Jamats are ready to welcome the Ismaili World = “One Jamat” to Dubai
- Road to Jubilee Games: Jamats of Far East Unite to Compete as One
- Ontario Premier & Don Valley West MP celebrate Canada Day with Ismaili Athletes & Fanous
- Road to Jubilee Games: Catch the spirit of “JOSH” as Fanous reaches more than 100,000 people in Pakistan
- Team Tanzania takes Fanous to new heights, atop Africa’s highest summit, Mount Kilimanjaro
- Ontario Fanous Relay for Ismaili Jubilee Games & Canada Day Celebrations
- Nizar MacNojia: Watch me paint “The Fanous” in time-lapse video
- Seventy-nine athletes from British Columbia will be representing Team Canada at the Ismaili Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Sadiq Jiwa ’18, member of Kenyon’s golf team, will be playing in the international Ismaili Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Fanous ignites Jubilee Games spirit across the worldwide Jamat: Australia to Madagascar, Tajikistan to Tanzania, Kenya to Bangladesh, Pakistan to USA, Canada to India, UK to UAE and more to come!