“I am extremely proud of our team here at Aga Khan Hospital following our successful review and accreditation award, without their consistent hard work and adherence to the standards set by JCI every day with every patient we would not be able to join this exclusive grouping of hospitals around the world.”— Sulaiman Shahabuddin, CEO Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam
The Aga Khan Hospital has been awarded accreditation for good quality by the Joint Commission International (JCI).
Joint Commission International (JCI) works to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community by offering education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification.
The accreditation means that the Aga Khan Hospital has achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world.
In Africa, there are nine such hospitals and Aga Khan Hospital is the first hospital in Tanzania to achieve JCI accreditation.
Agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network provide health services in Tanzania to nearly 400,000 people a year through its hospital, health centres, community health programmes and medical training programmes.
- Official Launch of the second phase of Aga Khan Hospital construction in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Minister unveils Phase II of Aga Khan Hospital in Dar | The Citizen
- Princess Zahra Aga Khan attends the ceremony, launching the expansion plans of the Aga Khan Hospital in Tanzania
- Tanzania: Sh176 Billion to Expand Aga Khan Hospital
- Aga Khan Hospital Tanzania, first in the country to receive prestigious JCI accreditation
- 35 patients to undergo free surgery at the Aga Khan Hospital Dar es Salaam | The Citizen Tanzania
- Tanzania: Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam devises plan to support government health care delivery
- Aga Khan Hospital Dar es Salaam cancer campaign yields huge results
- Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam keen to deal with cancers
- World Breast Cancer Awareness Week: Aga Khan hospital hosts free breast cancer screening in Dar es Salaam
- Aga Khan Hospital Dar es Salaam opens heart surgery laboratory
- Second phase expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam
- 70 Years of Partnership: Aga Khan Development Network Tanzania
- Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania to mark Golden Jubilee – 30 New Outreach Centres – Steps Up Fight Against Cancer, Heart Diseases
- Aga Khan Development Network to boost Tanzania’s Education, health sector with Sh1.6tr investment
- Tanzania: Aga Khan Foundation to build hospital for cancer, heart patients
- Speech by Princess Zahra Aga Khan at the Launch of the Oncology Programme of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam
- Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam launches first Oncology Programme as Part of Expansion
- Aga Khan Hospital cancer programme is an important step towards premier healthcare system in East Africa, says Princess Zahra
- Tanzania: Cancer Centres Planned for All Referral Hospitals – Oncology Programme at the Aga Khan Hospital
- Tanzania: Aga Khan Hospital Programme Seeks to Improve Health Communication
- Dr Jaffer Dharsee: Dar es Salaam: Aga Khan Hospital to open Catheterization Lab
- Big dreams for the Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam
- The Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam
- Aga Khan Hospital, NHIF conduct free breast cancer screening in Dar es Salaam
- Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam to conduct free diabetes clinic
- Aga Khan Hospital Dar es Salaam