There is so much more to the Muslim religion than the broken record of terrorism and extremism the media perpetuates. Ismaili Muslims, for example, have a religious leader, the Aga Khan, who is responsible for $625 million worth of philanthropic programs all across the world that nobody knows about. We should be hearing more about him.
The Aga Khan’s work is newsworthy, and the media should be focusing more on the contributions of the Muslim community rather than on the small percentage of Muslims who terrorize the world.
There are several occasions where the media has exaggerated the threat that extremists pose.
More at the source: MediaFileDC – Sophie Kaplan – Opinion, September 19, 2016
- France and AKDN sign agreement to finance the construction of the Aga Khan Academy Maputo
- Video, Interview, Speech: His Highness the Aga Khan accepting the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship | The NanoWisdoms Archive
- Aga Khan gets global award to salute his exemplary role | The Citizen Tanzania
- Over 50 countries invest 250+ honours to an individual that Canada’s 26th Governor General, Adrienne Clarkson, refers to as “the most magnificent human being – His Highness the Aga Khan”
- Aga Khan: When distant forces feel like dire threats | Globe & Mail
- Symbolism of the medal created for the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship presented to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan
- Video: Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan, accepting the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship
- Conversation with Mawlana Hazar Imam – Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship | Simerg
- Global News Canada: His Highness The Aga Khan receives Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship
- Remarks by The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson, Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau congratulates His Highness the Aga Khan
- Event summary: His Highness the Aga Khan receives the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship