With much appreciation by the audience, the youth students of Leif Larsen Music Centre, Altit Hunza, participated in the ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival at Gulmit, Gojal Hunza, held on 25th September 2016. The boys and girls performed different local music with instrument of Rubab and Sitar. The Leif Larsen Music Centre was opened during the month of May 2016 for the local communities to organize different festivals and music event. This centre was constructed by the CIQAM – a social women enterprise, and funded by the Royal Norwegian Embassy and the Aga Khan Music Initiative.
Recent blog posts
- President Talib of Ismaili Council’s Invitation: “Celebrate, and make Canada’s 150th birthday celebration special”
- Switzerland and Aga Khan Foundation support earthquake-affected people in Kyrgyzstan
- Dr Ashnoor Nagji: Vancouver doctor credits leadership program with supporting success
- Interview with Dr. Shahbudin Rahimtoola, Winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award
- World Renowned Pakistani-American Cardiologist Shahbuddin Rahimtoola honored at World Congress of the International Academy of Cardiology