The ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival was held on 25th September 2016 at Gulmit Gojal Hunza organized by Bulbulik Heritage Center established with the support of USAID for the promotion of music to the new generation. This effort is to reinvigorate the tradition of local music and dances to attract tourists to the area from around the world.
The famous Ismaili Wakhi singers Mr. Saltanat and Mrs. Lailee from Xinxiang Province China also participated in this festival and sang songs in Wakhi and Chinese languages. Their daughter Morvori, who is a famous artist, preformed her dance to local tunes and mesmerized the audience.
Recent blog posts
- Government Officials of Gilgit-Baltistan tour the Ismaili Centre London
- Opportunity: Be a delegate at the 8th Annual G(irls)20 Global Summit in Germany (June 2017) – Apply by Dec 8th, 2016
- Danisha Bhaloo recognized as Outstanding Volunteer, receives Star of Alberta Volunteer Award
- International community comprised of Azerbaijan, AKDN, Canada, China, EU, India, Pakistan, Russia, UK, UN, US and others reinforce commitment for Afghanistan’s development
- Ismaili Muslim Choir of Houston USA perform at the Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration