The ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival was held on 25th September 2016 at Gulmit Gojal Hunza organized by Bulbulik Heritage Center established with the support of USAID for the promotion of music to the new generation. This effort is to reinvigorate the tradition of local music and dances to attract tourists to the area from around the world.
The famous Ismaili Wakhi singers Mr. Saltanat and Mrs. Lailee from Xinxiang Province China also participated in this festival and sang songs in Wakhi and Chinese languages. Their daughter Morvori, who is a famous artist, preformed her dance to local tunes and mesmerized the audience.
Recent blog posts
- Countdown to Diamond Jubilee – Snapshots of Imamat – 1998 to 2002
- Professor Nazir Kherani inducted as Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering
- Sabrina Lakhani: The overwhelming joy of welcoming my mom to INSEAD
- Aga Khan Rural Support Programme Documentary
- Persian Epic at the Aga Khan Museum: Feathers of Fire