The ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival was held on 25th September 2016 at Gulmit Gojal Hunza organized by Bulbulik Heritage Center established with the support of USAID for the promotion of music to the new generation. This effort is to reinvigorate the tradition of local music and dances to attract tourists to the area from around the world.
The famous Ismaili Wakhi singers Mr. Saltanat and Mrs. Lailee from Xinxiang Province China also participated in this festival and sang songs in Wakhi and Chinese languages. Their daughter Morvori, who is a famous artist, preformed her dance to local tunes and mesmerized the audience.
Recent blog posts
- Diamond Jubilee Polo Tournament in Yasin valley, Gilgit-Baltistan
- University of Technology Sydney and University of Central Asia to collaborate
- Midwest Aga Khan Youth & Sports Board Annual Cricket Tournament
- In association with Rizwan Adatia Foundation, Second Martha Farrell award for Excellence in women’s empowerment announced
- Global News TV: Ismaili Muslims launch Civic 150 in celebration of Canada’s sesquicentennial