The ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival was held on 25th September 2016 at Gulmit Gojal Hunza organized by Bulbulik Heritage Center established with the support of USAID for the promotion of music to the new generation. This effort is to reinvigorate the tradition of local music and dances to attract tourists to the area from around the world.
The famous Ismaili Wakhi singers Mr. Saltanat and Mrs. Lailee from Xinxiang Province China also participated in this festival and sang songs in Wakhi and Chinese languages. Their daughter Morvori, who is a famous artist, preformed her dance to local tunes and mesmerized the audience.
Recent blog posts
- The Art Lovers Who Founded Cairo | The Wall Street Journal
- Video: His Highness the Aga Khan in Houston for Diamond Jubilee visit to the United States
- Mayor of Sugar Land Texas USA Presents The Key to the City to His Highness the Aga Khan
- Mayor of Houston Texas USA Welcomes His Highness the Aga Khan
- Secretary of State Texas Welcomes His Highness the Aga Khan