The ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival was held on 25th September 2016 at Gulmit Gojal Hunza organized by Bulbulik Heritage Center established with the support of USAID for the promotion of music to the new generation. This effort is to reinvigorate the tradition of local music and dances to attract tourists to the area from around the world.
The famous Ismaili Wakhi singers Mr. Saltanat and Mrs. Lailee from Xinxiang Province China also participated in this festival and sang songs in Wakhi and Chinese languages. Their daughter Morvori, who is a famous artist, preformed her dance to local tunes and mesmerized the audience.
Recent blog posts
- Ginan: Dur desh thee aayo vannjaaro – You have come from a distant country, o travelling trader
- Science, technology and math necessary for students to be globally competitive: Director General, University of Central Asia
- Canada 150 Profiles: Karim Ladak
- Azim Keshavjee: Comfortably Numb | Ottawa Life Magazine
- Welfare at Aga Khan University Hospital: Through the eyes of a patient