The ‘Roof of the World’ (Bam-i-Dunya) festival was held on 25th September 2016 at Gulmit Gojal Hunza organized by Bulbulik Heritage Center established with the support of USAID for the promotion of music to the new generation. This effort is to reinvigorate the tradition of local music and dances to attract tourists to the area from around the world.
The famous Ismaili Wakhi singers Mr. Saltanat and Mrs. Lailee from Xinxiang Province China also participated in this festival and sang songs in Wakhi and Chinese languages. Their daughter Morvori, who is a famous artist, preformed her dance to local tunes and mesmerized the audience.
Recent blog posts
- University of Calgary Faculty of Nursing researcher Shahirose Premji receives funding for preterm birth study
- Shahirose Premji: Can parent care help improve survival rate of preterm babies?
- Aman Jina appointed Youth Ambassador for SOS Children’s Village BC
- Faizal Khamisa: 2nd annual Sick Kids Toy Drive / Head Shave
- Morrish Pharmacy’s Samim Hasham champions mental health awareness