Lamu, KENYA: The county government of Lamu has signed an MoU with the Aga Khan Foundation that will enable for the establishment of new and modern Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) Centres in the county.
Speaking at the Mwana Arafa Hotel in Lamu during the exercise on Monday,the Chief Executive officer of the foundation Kevin Moorhead said the move will see some elements of the European ECDE learning incorporated in the programme in order to give learners a new challenge.
He said ECDE teachers in the county will also receive special training from Aga Khan tutors; in order to enable them improve the model of learning for young children in Lamu.
“We have been helping to build ECD learning in Kenya and Africa in general. We currently have a similar programme ongoing in Malawi,Zambia,Uganda and Tanzania. We are glad that the children of Lamu will also get a chance to taste modern learning through the programme,”said Moorhead.
- Children learn best through play – Aga Khan Foundation’s Madrasa Early Childhood Programme (MECP) | Daily Monitor Uganda
- Aga Khan Foundation to establish modern early childhood development centres in Lamu County (Kenya)
- AKF’s Madrasa Early Childhood Development Programme hailed as the best early childhood training model by Ugandan Government | Daily Monitor Uganda
- Aga Khan Foundation’s Madrasa Early Childhood Development Institute: A vital centre for pre-school teachers
- Madrasa Early Childhood Programme, Kenya Celebrates International Day Of The Girl Child
- Naznin A. Dhanani: Engaging Children and Youth in Pluralism
- The Impact of Investing in Early Childhood Development in Afghanistan | Aga Khan Development Network
- Approaches to Early Childhood Development – Aga Khan Foundation Canada and the Alliance for Human Development
- Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN): Early Childhood Development in Portugal
- Aga Khan Foundation’s Early Childhood Development in Portugal: Giving young children a good start