The Aga Khan Foundation has signed an agreement with the Kwale County government to train early childhood teachers.
The agreement will see the foundation support Early Child Development Education (ECDE) programmes in the county.
The foundation and the county will have shared commitment to the children by providing learning opportunities.
Speaking during the signing ceremony at the Kwale Cultural Centre on Wednesday, Aga Khan Foundation Chief Executive Officer for East Africa Kevin Moorhead said the partnership will benefit more than 100,000 schoolchildren from across the county.
He said the foundation will train teachers in early childhood development and support school management committees and construct classrooms.
“Today we are not only celebrating a partnership between two organisations but more importantly we are celebrating the future of our children,” he said.
Mr Moorhead lauded the Kwale County government for its efforts to improve education standards in schools.
“I would like to congratulate the governor and his team because I have not seen a county which takes the social development agenda so seriously and has done so much,” he said.
- Aga Khan Development Network partneres with Kilifi County (Kenya) and Canadian government to address infant mortality and maternal deaths | Daily Nation
- Aga Khan Foundation to establish modern early childhood development centres in Lamu County (Kenya)
- Aga Khan Foundation to train early childhood teachers in Kwale County (Kenya) | Daily Nation
- From Combat to Reconstruction: Canada’s development role in Afghanistan
- Aga Khan Foundation Canada – From Combat to Reconstruction: Canada’s development role in Afghanistan
- France Provides 5.7 Million Euros for improving Maternal and Child health program in Badakhshan Province of Afghanistan
- Nova Scotia Framework for Early Childhood Education vs. how it is done in the United States
- Tanzania: International conference on childhood development concludes with crucial message to African leaders
- 3 Books on the Importance of Early Childhood Education | The New York Times
- Aga Khan Early Learning Center – Parent Video
- Aga Khan Early Learning Center, Dubai – Virtual Tour