Ismailimail in collaboration with Karim Maherali launches a Ginan series which will contain a transliteration and translation of a chosen Ginan. This will serve to promote the understanding of Ismaili Tradition to the wider Jamat and hopefully prepare us for the Diamond Jubilee of Mawlana Hazar Imam. Your comments and suggestions for improvement and further discussion are welcome.
Ginan bolo re nit
Eji Ginaan bolo re nit noore bhariyaa
Evo haidde tamaare harakh na may ji……1
O momins! Recite Ginans everyday, for they are filled with Noor. You will have unbounded joy in your hearts.
Comment: Noor is the light of knowledge and wisdom which renews and refreshes the soul and hence is a source of great happiness.
Eji Saamiji aaviyaa naa aavaaj huvaa
Evaa aagal thaki kidhaa tamane jaann ji…….2
O momins! The sounds of the arrival of the Lord are heard. For you have been given such foreknowledge.
Eji Aagaa ne tope hiraa jagmage
Jaanniye te ubho Gokul maa(n)helo kaanaji…….3
O momins! The crown upon the head of the Most High is studded with diamonds. It is as if Lord Krishna of Gokul is standing infront.
Eji Noorane teje Aly aagero
Saamine teje saamu(n) na jovaayaji……..4
O momins! Aly is in the forefront radiant with Noor. The radiance of the Lord is so intense that it cannot be observed.
Eji saari sambhaari harne aagal dharo
Evo nit rang bamannero thaaeji……..5
O momins! Submit your dues diligently to God. Thus both of your lives (material and spiritual) will be enriched everyday.
Eji Tamaari beddie Allah raajio
Sinche tamaari garib jamaat ji….6
O momins! Allah is pleased with your boat. He showers his gifts upon your poor Jamaat.
Comment: In this verse, the Pir is addressing the Imam and the boat signifies the vessel with the load of a simple and humble Jamat sailing across the ocean of material existence.
Eji Tamboli vinaa vannse paand-ddaa
Tem gur bhirmaa vinaa vannase jamaat ji……7
O momins! Just as the leaves will wither away without a gardner, in the same manner the Jamat will wither away without the Gur Bhrama.
Comment: Gur Bhrama is the first primal guide also called the Pir in our tradition and the bearer of the Noor that created the universe, hence he is also called the Creator (Bhrama).
Eji Sukrit karjo viraa aa juge
Gur bhirmaajinaa japjo motaa jaap ji……8
O momins! Perform good deeds o courageous ones in this world and remember the exalted word of the Gur Bhrama.
Comment: Since the Gur Bhrama himself is the Creator, his word serves as a powerful means of purifying and preparing oneself for the ultimate destiny of the soul – union with the Beloved.
Eji Jamin aasmaan saahebe jugate jaddiaa
Evo haidde tamaare harakh na maae ji……..9
O momins! The Lord has created the earth and the heavens purposefully and skillfully . This will give your hearts unbounded joy.
Comment: In other words creation is meant for our ultimate good.
Eji Pir Sadardin boliyaa venati
Saami raajaa gatiyun taarannhaar ji……10
O momins! Pir Sadardeen has spoken this entreaty. O Kingly Lord save the Jamat for you are indeed the savior.
- Ginan: Ye mitthaa Muhammad naam – The name Muhammad is sweet
- Ginan: Dhan dhan aajno daaddlo – It is an auspicious day today
- Ginan: Aae rahem rahemaan – As Mercy is from you, O Merciful
- Ginan: Haq to paak tu baadshaah – You are the Truth and the Pure Majestic King
- Ginan: Duniya Sirajine Shaah More – Having created the world my Lord
- Ginan: Gat maa(n)he aavine – Having come to the congregation
- Qasida: Dur ze daryayi haqiqat – The pearl of the ocean of truth
- Ginan: Aanand aanand kariyo rikhisaro – Rejoice, rejoice o believers!
- Ginan Series: Ginan bolo re nit – Recite Ginans everyday!
- Ginans: Our Wonderful Tradition – Ismailimail launches a new series
- Abdulsultan Maherali: Ginan in the presence of Mawlana Hazar Imam
- When Pir Satgur Nur arrived in India – I Wish I’d Been There: Karim Maherali