Four children from different worlds – two who want new kites and two with the simple wish to attend school – are trapped in a world of begging on the streets of Kolkata, India. Dressed as gods, they bless the generous and threaten to curse those who are not. Together, they must work to escape servitude and set a course for a new life. In association with Diwali Fest.
Born in Nairobi, Kenya Nimet began acting on stage with the local theatre company. She emigrated to Vancouver, Canada in 1989 where she continued to work on stage. Nimet began her career in film and TV in 2001 and has had the pleasure of working with John Edward Olmos (Battlestar Galactica), Kevin Sorbo (Paradox) and John Cusack (Martian Child) amongst others.
Recent blog posts
- Taj Esmail’s Diamond Jubilee Tribute Devotional Song “Lakho Salaam Ho Tere Naam”
- Words flowed from his mouth like pearls from the Sea
- How the Aga Khan funded a music renaissance
- Shainoor Khoja: Making healthcare affordable for masses | Khaleej Times
- U.S. migrant children policy and the Safe Third Country Agreement | CBC