Four children from different worlds – two who want new kites and two with the simple wish to attend school – are trapped in a world of begging on the streets of Kolkata, India. Dressed as gods, they bless the generous and threaten to curse those who are not. Together, they must work to escape servitude and set a course for a new life. In association with Diwali Fest.
Born in Nairobi, Kenya Nimet began acting on stage with the local theatre company. She emigrated to Vancouver, Canada in 1989 where she continued to work on stage. Nimet began her career in film and TV in 2001 and has had the pleasure of working with John Edward Olmos (Battlestar Galactica), Kevin Sorbo (Paradox) and John Cusack (Martian Child) amongst others.
Recent blog posts
- From Celestial Macrocosm to Terrestrial Microcosm: Man The Ultimate Purpose of Creation | Sujjawal Ahmad
- Shafik Bhalloo appointed Academic Director and an Associate Professor of Practice with the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University
- Theatre Artist Kareem Bandealy joins Lookingglass ensemble
- Visit Aga Khan Museum – Toronto’s 101 city insiders reveal their favorite things to do in the city | Air Canada enRoute
- Government Officials of Gilgit-Baltistan tour the Ismaili Centre London