Four children from different worlds – two who want new kites and two with the simple wish to attend school – are trapped in a world of begging on the streets of Kolkata, India. Dressed as gods, they bless the generous and threaten to curse those who are not. Together, they must work to escape servitude and set a course for a new life. In association with Diwali Fest.
Born in Nairobi, Kenya Nimet began acting on stage with the local theatre company. She emigrated to Vancouver, Canada in 1989 where she continued to work on stage. Nimet began her career in film and TV in 2001 and has had the pleasure of working with John Edward Olmos (Battlestar Galactica), Kevin Sorbo (Paradox) and John Cusack (Martian Child) amongst others.
Recent blog posts
- President Talib of Ismaili Council’s Invitation: “Celebrate, and make Canada’s 150th birthday celebration special”
- Switzerland and Aga Khan Foundation support earthquake-affected people in Kyrgyzstan
- Dr Ashnoor Nagji: Vancouver doctor credits leadership program with supporting success
- Interview with Dr. Shahbudin Rahimtoola, Winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award
- World Renowned Pakistani-American Cardiologist Shahbuddin Rahimtoola honored at World Congress of the International Academy of Cardiology