Bishkek, 17 October 2016 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Kyrgyzstan this evening, ahead of the inauguration of the University of Central Asia’s Naryn campus. He was accompanied by Prince Aly Muhammad.
Her Excellency Elvira Sarieva, Minister of Science and Education received Mawlana Hazar Imam on behalf of the Kyrgyz government. Aga Khan Development Network Resident Representative for Kyrgyzstan Shamsh Kassim-Lakha, who is also the Executive Chairman of the UCA Board Executive Committee, and Dr Mahmoud Eboo, Chairman of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum, welcomed Hazar Imam on behalf of the institutions and the Jamat.
In a gesture of traditional hospitality, Hazar Imam was presented with an offering of non (bread) by two students from the Aga Khan School in Osh.
Source: The Ismaili
Recent blog posts
- Aga Khan Foundation Canada to co-implement a program in Kenya, helping over one million women to safe delivery and child health
- Farhan Mohamed, co-founder Daily Hive, is among the 50 Most Powerful People in Vancouver Right Now
- Ali Jamal: Seven Strategies For Maximizing Your Airbnb Rental | Forbes
- Ismaili Choir participates in the annual Interfaith Thanksgiving Service
- AKU-ISMC Webinar on Persian Documents from Pre-Mongol Bāmiyān