Bishkek, 17 October 2016 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Kyrgyzstan this evening, ahead of the inauguration of the University of Central Asia’s Naryn campus. He was accompanied by Prince Aly Muhammad.
Her Excellency Elvira Sarieva, Minister of Science and Education received Mawlana Hazar Imam on behalf of the Kyrgyz government. Aga Khan Development Network Resident Representative for Kyrgyzstan Shamsh Kassim-Lakha, who is also the Executive Chairman of the UCA Board Executive Committee, and Dr Mahmoud Eboo, Chairman of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum, welcomed Hazar Imam on behalf of the institutions and the Jamat.
In a gesture of traditional hospitality, Hazar Imam was presented with an offering of non (bread) by two students from the Aga Khan School in Osh.
Source: The Ismaili
Recent blog posts
- Canada is using art to build bridges with Syrian refugees, while the rest of the world builds walls to keep them out – Aga Khan Museum & Institute for Canadian Citizenship serve as models
- Ismaili Muslims of USA Stand Together: Interfaith Thanksgiving celebration underscores the diversity of Fort Bend County Houston
- Travel with Mansoor Ladha: Kerala offers unique experience
- Girls’ Education as a Pathway to Global Women’s Empowerment: Sajida H. Shroff Speaks at the Harvard University
- Cultural Diplomacy: France, UAE, UNESCO, Aga Khan, 40 nation states, international organizations and museums bring synergy at Safeguarding Endangered Cultural Heritage conference with the Abu Dhabi Declaration