Bishkek, 17 October 2016 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Kyrgyzstan this evening, ahead of the inauguration of the University of Central Asia’s Naryn campus. He was accompanied by Prince Aly Muhammad.
Her Excellency Elvira Sarieva, Minister of Science and Education received Mawlana Hazar Imam on behalf of the Kyrgyz government. Aga Khan Development Network Resident Representative for Kyrgyzstan Shamsh Kassim-Lakha, who is also the Executive Chairman of the UCA Board Executive Committee, and Dr Mahmoud Eboo, Chairman of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum, welcomed Hazar Imam on behalf of the institutions and the Jamat.
In a gesture of traditional hospitality, Hazar Imam was presented with an offering of non (bread) by two students from the Aga Khan School in Osh.
Source: The Ismaili
Recent blog posts
- A Fatimid author wrote about the ideal characteristics of a da’i: piety, humility, generosity, forgiveness, ability to protect the weak
- This month in history: Hasan-i Sabbah arrived in Fatimid Cairo to pursue further education
- Today in history: Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah succeeded to the Imamat
- Reflections [Video] Celebrating His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan’s visits to Portugal
- Bangladesh’s Foreign Minister Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali praises Ismaili Muslim community’s spiritual leader Prince Karim Aga Khan for his development efforts in Bangladesh and around the globe