Established in 1964, Kamyn Industries Ltd is the largest manufacturer of socks and hosiery in East and Central Africa, exporting to over 7 countries. Our most famous brand – “DUKE” – is one of the largest selling brand names of socks in the East.
Kamyn Industries Ltd. is a member of the Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) group of companies, which is an affiliate of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) – an international development agency dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa as well as Central and Southern Asia.
AKFED falls under the umbrella of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), which consists of private, international, non-denominational agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in specific regions of the developing world. All AKDN agencies conduct their programmes without regard to faith, origin or gender.
- Pamir Energy wins prestigious Ashden Award for bringing clean energy to East Tajikistan and North Afghanistan
- Pamir Energy wins Ashden Award 2017
- World Environment Day 2017 Celebrated in Hunza Karimabad
- Scores killed, Canadian embassy, Roshan Telecommunication offices damaged in Kabul bombing
- Nordic telecom operator Telia sells Tajik operations to Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development