Established in 1964, Kamyn Industries Ltd is the largest manufacturer of socks and hosiery in East and Central Africa, exporting to over 7 countries. Our most famous brand – “DUKE” – is one of the largest selling brand names of socks in the East.
Kamyn Industries Ltd. is a member of the Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) group of companies, which is an affiliate of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) – an international development agency dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa as well as Central and Southern Asia.
AKFED falls under the umbrella of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), which consists of private, international, non-denominational agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in specific regions of the developing world. All AKDN agencies conduct their programmes without regard to faith, origin or gender.
- Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development
- Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s Pamir Energy in Tajikistan restores electricity as weather cooperates
- ‘Aga Khan Museum has a strong interest in Pakistan’ – Director Aga Khan Museum, Henry S. Kim
- Jubilee Life Insurance wins Brands of Year Award 2015-2016
- Rwanda’s two premier Serena hotels bring Christmas cheer to disadvantaged children