The Ginan Gist
This Ginan can be considered as the Shia tafsir (interpretation) of Sura Al-Fatiha the first chapter of the Holy Qur’an, which is mentioned at the beginning of our Dua recited thrice a day. The essential message is that the Divine Essence (zaat) which encompasses all the Divine attributes (sifaat) is manifest in Hazarat Aly who is therefore the Mazhar (Epiphany). The Sirat al-Musataqeem (Right Path) is attaining friendship and servant hood of Aly through whom all the Divine guidance, assistance and favours are attained.
Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah has stated in his Memoirs: “The Shias have therefore always held that after the Prophet’s death, Divine power, guidance and leadership manifested themselves in Hazrat Ali as the first Imam or spiritual chief of the devout.”
The above statement is a reflection of verse from Sura An-Nas which is one of the verses recited in the Ziyarat-e-Mayyat:
Qul a’uzu bi rabbi’n naasi
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficient , the most Merciful.
Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind.
The King of Mankind
The God of Mankind (114: 1-3)
Hak tuṅ pāk tuṅ bādshāh
Audio: hak tuṅ pāk tuṅ bādshāh: Naz and Alikhan Hasham
The Transliteration, Translation and Commentary
Haq to paak tu baadshaah
Maherbaan bhi Aly tu(n)hi tu…..1
You are the Truth and the Just, You are the Pure and the Majestic King, You are also the Gracious and Merciful. O Aly You are all.
Rab tu(n) Rahemaan tu(n)
Aly awwal aakhar kaazi tu(n)hi tu(n)…..2
You are the Sustainer, you are the Merciful O Aly, O Aly you are the First and the Last Judge, You are all.
Te(n) upaayaa te(n) nipaayaa
Sirjannhaar Aly tu(n)hi tu(n)…..3
You originated and you established order, O Aly you are the Creator, You are all.
The verses 1-3 above, are reflected in the verses of the Holy Qu’ran (1: 1-4):
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1),
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds (2),
The Beneficent, the Merciful. (3)
Owner of the Day of Judgment, (4),
Jal that mool mandal – haarna
Aly hukam teraa bhi tu(n)hi tu(n)…..4
In the water and on the land, You have laid the roots (foundations, of creation),
O Ali everything therein and on is at Your command, You are indeed all.
Comment: This verse alludes to the notion of mono-reality as explained by Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah in his Memoirs: “Thus Islam’s basic principle can only be defined as mono-realism and not as monotheism. Consider, for example, the opening declaration of every Islamic prayer: “Allah-o-Akbar”. What does that mean? There can be no doubt that the second word of the declaration likens the character of Allah to a matrix which contains all and gives existence to the infinite, to space, to time, to the Universe, to all active and passive forces imaginable, to life and to the soul.”
Teri dostiye bolya Pir Shams
Me(n) bandaa teraa Aly tu(n)hi tu(n)…..5
In your Friendship, Pir Shams says: I am your servant O Aly, You are all.
Holy Qur’an (1:5-7):
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help. (5)
Show us the straight path, (6)
The path of those whom Thou hast favoured. Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray. (7)
- Ginan: Ye mitthaa Muhammad naam – The name Muhammad is sweet
- Ginan: Dhan dhan aajno daaddlo – It is an auspicious day today
- Ginan: Aae rahem rahemaan – As Mercy is from you, O Merciful
- Ginan: Haq to paak tu baadshaah – You are the Truth and the Pure Majestic King
- Ginan: Duniya Sirajine Shaah More – Having created the world my Lord
- Ginan: Gat maa(n)he aavine – Having come to the congregation
- Qasida: Dur ze daryayi haqiqat – The pearl of the ocean of truth
- Ginan: Aanand aanand kariyo rikhisaro – Rejoice, rejoice o believers!
- Ginan Series: Ginan bolo re nit – Recite Ginans everyday!
- Ginans: Our Wonderful Tradition – Ismailimail launches a new series
- Abdulsultan Maherali: Ginan in the presence of Mawlana Hazar Imam
- When Pir Satgur Nur arrived in India – I Wish I’d Been There: Karim Maherali