Thursday, December 1, 2016; 4:00 pm – Aga Khan University Auditorium, Stadium Road, Karachi
Internationally renowned artists, curators, and art educationists Aisha Khalid and Imran Qureshi will deliver a talk on Miniatures and Beyond at the Aga Khan University’s Special Lecture Series on December 1, 2016.
Pakistani artists Aisha Khalid and Imran Qureshi have challenged formulaic and restrictive stereotypes surrounding miniature painters for nearly two decades, emerging as two of the nation’s most visible neo-miniaturists.
Aisha Khalid (See all related on Ismailimail) graduated from National College of Arts, Lahore, and did her post-graduation at the Rijksakademie, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Her work is displayed in several museum and private collections all over the world including the Aga Khan Museum and M+ Museum, Toronto; Fukuoka Asian Art museum, Japan; Sharjah Art Museum; Queensland Art gallery; Sheikh Zaid Museum; Harris Museum and World Bank.
Imran Qureshi (See all related on Ismailimail) is also an artist based in Lahore. He began his career as an artist in 1997 by participating in ‘Rumors of Spring’ Group show at Lionel Weindt Art Gallery in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Since then, Qureshi has participated in many exhibitions including Admit One Gallery, New York and Corvi Mora Gallery, London. In 2013, Imran was invited to work for the Metropolitan Museum of Art and was presented the Deutsche Bank “Artist of the Year” award.
As part of its commitment to broad based education, the Aga Khan University organises and hosts its Special Lecture Series throughout the academic year. These lectures are now a cultural event in the city in their own right.
More at the Source.
About Aga Khan University
Aga Khan University (AKU) (Twitter, Facebook) is a leading source of medical, nursing and teacher education, research and public service in the developing world. The University prepares men and women to lead change in their societies and to thrive in the global economy. Guided by the principles of impact, quality, relevance and access, the University has campuses and programmes in Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Afghanistan and the United Kingdom.
Earlier at Ismailimail
- Aga Khan University Pakistan Event: Miniatures and Beyond – A session with Aisha Khalid & Imran Qureshi
- Imran Qureshi provides an inter-faith perspective into his Aga Khan Museum Inspired creation at UK’s Truro Cathedral
- Women & Leadership: Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: In conversation with Pakistan’s Genius Artist – Aisha Khalid
- DAWN (Pakistan) | Aga Khan Museum: A glimpse of magnificence
- The Express Tribune (Pakistan) | Aga Khan Museum: Decoding the Muslim past
- Urdu Times USA: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and His Highness the Aga Khan Open the Ismaili Centre Toronto & Aga Khan Museum
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: In Conversation with Pakistan’s Genius Artist – Imran Qureshi
- Imran Qureshi – transforming Aga Khan Museum’s garden into a magical canvas
- Aisha Khalid: The Strength of Beauty