MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi thanked His Highness and the AKDN Trust for Culture’s restoration work at the Qutub Shahi Tomb restoration site.
Floor Leader Akbaruddin Owaisi visited Qutub Shahi tombs and took up detailed inspection of ongoing conservation work.
He was accompanied by Luis Monreal, Director General Aga Khan Trust of Culture, Ratish Nanda, CEO Aga Khan Trust of Culture, Kauser Mohiuddin, MLA Karwan, B. Janardhan Reddy, Commissioner GHMC, Ravi Kiran, Zonal Commissioner GHMC and other officials
It is learnt that Aga Khan Trust of Culture had signed an MOU with erstwhile Govt. of Andhra Pradesh on 9th January 2013 for preserving and developing the tombs as heritage structure and also taking up conservation of landscape and urban environmental rehabilitation in Qutub Shahi tombs and Deccan Park (which is adjacent to the Tombs).
Akbar Owaisi thanked Aga Khan Trust of Culture for taking up conservation project at Qutub shahi tombs and appreciated their work which has given new strength to the 600-year old heritage structure.
CEO AKTC Ratish Nanda briefed and gave demonstration whole project of conservation and preserving of tombs.
Related Qutub Shahi Tombs Restoration:
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture to restore Qutub Shahi tombs in India
- Hyderabad: UNESCO gets Qutub Shahi dossier
- Experts in city to draw up plans for conserving tombs – The Times of India
- Aga Khan Trust to conserve Qutub Shahi Tombs – Helping to protect cultural tradition of the historic city of Hyderabad India
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture and Aga Khan Foundation to Revitalise Quli Qutb Shah Archaeological Park in Hyderabad, India
- In a ‘fix’: We must resurrect the tombs
- Now, the chance to adopt a heritage site in Hyderabad
- A Surprising Discovery at Qutub Shahi Tombs
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture Rescuing India’s Monuments: From Delhi’s Humayun Tomb to Hyderabad’s Qutub Shahi Tomb – A conversation with Ratish Nandha
- “If there is PARADISE on earth … “
- Blatant encroachment at Qutub Shahi tombs | The Hans India
- New discoveries at Qutb Shahi Tombs at Hyderabad | TwoCircles.net
- A new lease of life for Qutb Shahi tombs
- 16th century wall discovered at India’s historic Qutb Shahi Heritage Park in Hyderabad
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture & Government of India partner to turn the Qutb Shahi Heritage Park into world premier heritage site rivaling Taj Mahal
- Idgah at Qutub Shahi Tombs restored in time for Eid
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture excavation team unearths 16th century ‘Summer Palace’ and a buried tunnel
- Archaeology | “Summer Palace” Found at India’s Qutub Shahi Tombs
- The Hindu | Delving into the past – Qutb Shahi complex being restored by Aga Khan Trust for Culture
- Telegraph – UK | Hyderabad, India: on the trail of the White Mughals
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture India Project: Deccan Park to be merged with Qutub Shahi Tombs
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture to promote Deccan Park in Hyderabad, India
- Restoration of India’s Quli Qutub Shahi tombs by Aga Khan Trust for Culture | The Hindu new
- Hyderabad, India: World Heritage Week from Nov 19 | The Hindu
- AKTC hosts “Engaging Hyderabad with Conservation” Conference
- India’s Vice President Hamid Ansari visits AKTC Restoration Project of Quli Qutb Shahi Tombs Complex in Hydrabad
- The next Taj Mahal? New life for historic tombs of Hyderabad, India | CNN Travel
- Government to seek Unesco World Heritage status for Qutub Shahi tombs, restored by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture
- Telangana State’s Legislative Assembly Member thanked Aga Khan Trust for Culture for restoration work at Qutub Shahi Tomb
- Project to restore domed Qutb Shahi tombs
- Download: Heritage of the Mughal World | Archnet
- Thanks to the Aga Khan Trust for Culture, Hyderabad of minarets living up to its name!
Previously on Ismailimail…