On Thursday, May 11, 2017, Prince Amyn Aga Khan delivered his remarks at Museum of Anthropology, UBC, at their opening of the exhibition: Traces of Words: Art and Calligraphy from Asia.
Having attended school in Switzerland, Prince Amyn obtained a BA (magna cum laude) from Harvard University and an MA from Harvard’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. In 1964 he joined the United Nations Secretariat in New york, where he served in the Department of Economic and Social Affairs, and in 1968 he joined the Aga Khan’s Secretariat at Aiglemont, France. Prince Amyn is a member of the Board of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development and is currently Chairman of its Executive Committee. He is also a Director of the Aga Khan Foundation and the Aga Khan Trust for Culture, where he has been actively associated with the Aga Khan Award for Architecture and the Historic Cities Support Programme. Prince Amyn is a Trustee of the World Monuments Fund and is also a Director of the Silk Road Project (launched by yo-yo Ma). He is a member of the Council of the Friends of the louvre, of the Metropolitan Museum’s Visiting Committee of the Department of Islamic Art and of the Museum of Modern Art’s International Council. Prince Amyn has been actively involved in the creation (and even design) of the Serena hotels as lodges and of many other Aga Khan Development Network buildings.
- Ismaili Imamat reception in Portugal honouring Diamond Jubilee with Prince Amyn Aga Khan
- President Kenyatta swearing-in to start at 10am
- Mosques: Splendors of Islam – foreword by Prince Amyn Aga Khan; preface by Leyla Uluhanli; general editor, Jai Imbrey – Princeton University Library Catalog
- His Highness the Aga Khan donates 100 thousand euros for the recovery of Pinhal de Leiria – Portuguese forest destroyed by the major fires
- Dreamy Art of the Islamic Worlds Gala gets a boost with $1 million gift
- Prince Amyn headlines the Aga Khan Foundation Gala in New York
- Prince Amyn attends Aga Khan Foundation’s Fundraising Gala
- Foreword by Prince Amyn Aga Khan – New Book – Mosques: Splendors of Islam
- On his 80th Birthday Celebrations, Leaders Pay Tribute to Honour Prince Amyn
- Boy Scouts Association of Gilgit Celebrates Prince Amyn Chief Scout Day
- Reflection: Honoring Prince Amyn on his 80th birthday
- Aga Khan III’s Rolls-Royce Phantom IV showcased at the Rolls-Royce London exhibition