Henrique Mendonça Palace, which now hosts the global Seat of Ismaili Imamat in Lisbon, Portugal is one of the epic building that characterize Lisbon’s distinct architecture and is part of a panoramic green area of three hectares in the heart of Lisbon.
Seat of Ismaili Imamat – Henrique Mendonça Palace, is now the global headquarters of the Ismaili Imamat on Avenida Marquês de Fronteira. 1902-9 (image credit: Lisbon Municipal Archive)
Another perspective of the Seat of Ismaili Imamat – Henrique Mendonça Palace, is now the global headquarters of the Ismaili Imamat. (image credit: Lisbon Municipal Archive)
Exterior detail Another perspective of the Seat of Ismaili Imamat – Henrique Mendonça Palace, is now the global headquarters of the Ismaili Imamat. (image credit: (José Vicente; CML) José Vicente
Prior to the aquisition of the Henrique Mendonça Palace by the Aga Khan Foundation, it housed the NOVA School of Business & Economics (SBE), which is part of the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa.
The Mendonça Palace won the Valmor Prize in 1909.
Discover, explore and Learn more via Observador | Culture | EXHIBITIONS The architect alderman: 150 years of Ventura Terra
Research, Insight & Perspective by A. Maherali
Related – Global Seat of the Ismaili Imamat
- Story and Interview of Nazim Ahmad, Ismaili Imamat’s Representative in Portugal - Nazim Ahmad: I’m proud to say that we are Portuguese and Ismailis Nazim Ahmad is…
- Seat of Ismaili Imamat – Henrique Mendonça Palace - Henrique Mendonça Palace, which now hosts the global Seat of Ismaili Imamat in Lisbon, Portugal…
- Seat of the Ismaili Imamat: Portugal – the capital of enlightened and peaceful Islam? - Prince [Karim] Aga Khan is a champion and enabler of enlightened Islam … ……
- Portugal’s President Marcelo Rebelo to Portuguese Ismailis at the Ismaili Centre, Lisbon: “I consider myself your brother, and feel you as my brothers and my sisters.” - “We are brothers of the same path … I am here to thank you —…
- Portugal’s President tours Ismaili Centre - Portugal’s President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa over the weekend visited the Ismaili Centre in Lisbon.
- President of the Portuguese Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa visits the Ismaili Centre Lisbon - Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, President of the Portuguese Republic, visits the Ismaili Centre Lisbon where he was received by the Diplomatic Representative of Imamat Ismaili in Portugal, Nazim Ahmad, and by the President of the Shia Imamai Ismaili National Council, Rahim Firozali.
- Government of Portugal appoints Diplomatic Delegation to the Ismaili Imamat - Luís Amado has been appointed by the Government of Portugal to lead the Portuguese delegation to the Ismaili Imamat and in this capacity he will be a bridge between the Portuguese Republic and the Ismaili Imamat led by His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan.
- His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan to invest €100 million to build Aga Khan Academy in Portugal - One of the Ismaili Imamat's first project in the country will be building the Aga Khan Academy in the greater Lisbon area.
- Ismaili Imamat’s Diplomatic Corps: Senior Officials of the Seat of Ismaili Imamat, Personal Representatives of the Imam & AKDN Resident Representatives - Recent developments of Imamat activities across the globe has witnessed acceleration and scaling up of various AKDN initiatives in Africa, America, Asia and Europe.
- Portuguese news media coverage of Ismaili Imamat’s €10 million investment boosting scientific projects in Portugal & Lusophone countries - We are not just signing an agreement between Portugal and the Aga Khan Development Network, we are essentially putting together our common effort towards the development of scientific capacity in African countries
- Photographs: President of the Portuguese Republic receives His Highness the Aga Khan at Belém Palace - President of the Portuguese Republic, Marcelo Nuno Duarte Rebelo de Sousa receives His Highness the Aga Khan
- His Highness the Aga Khan in Portugal - His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, leader of the Shi'a Ismaili community, starts his official visit to Lisbon today
- Ismaili Imamat acquires Henrique Mendonça Palace in Lisbon - Sold by the State to the Aga Khan Foundation for 12 million euros. The Ismailis are committed to invest another six million euros in the rehabilitation and adaptation of the building
- His Highness the Aga Khan acquires Henrique Mendonça Palace as the new Seat of the Ismaili Imamat in Portugal - The sale of Henrique Mendonça Palace to the Aga Khan received green light from the government
- Public Portugal Newspaper’s extensive article on Ismaili Muslims and the Seat of the Ismaili Imamat - Joana Ferreira Da Costa's article in Portuguese.
- Henrique Mendonça Palace may be the future Global Headquarters of Aga Khan | Espresso (Portugal) - The current New Business School’s headquarters is up for sale and has interested various stakeholders,…
- Video of the Signing Ceremony Establishing “Seat of the Ismaili Imamat” in Portugal - Footage shown on Portuguese Cable News Channel, SIC Noticias, of the signing ceremony that took…
- Text of the Historic Agreement between the Ismaili Imamat and the Portuguese Republic, establishing the “Seat of the Ismaili Imamat” | Simerg - A landmark agreement to establish the Seat of the Ismaili Imamat was signed on June…
- A formal Seat of the Ismaili Imamat in Portugal - Historic agreement establishes Global Seat of Ismaili Imamat in Portugal THEISMAILI.ORG 4 June 2015 Lisbon,…